Badger5JMB Retrofits
    Reverse Gear

Status

Roof bars for New A3

Have had a look around for some roof bars for my new A3 ... but there doesn't appear to be any!

Would anyone have more info on what is/will be available ... and how they are fixed to the roof (particularly the bar at the back)

Thanks in advance
    Trev

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

Re: Roof bars for New A3

The gutterless set I've got now have moved from my MX-3 to my current A3 no problems .. I suspect they'll fit on the new A3.

Its made by Thule and I got it from Halfords.

http://www.thule.co.uk/
    Click on the "UK Application Guide" on the left.

They have part fittings for the new A3.

Reverse Gear

Status

Thanks M8.

What I don't understand is how the roof bar at the back of the car will fix to the roof... on a three door the window is sealed and I can't see anyway the foot mounting would secure onto the
    roof...

Anyone else have any ideas... or seen one fixed?

Cheers

2nd Gear

Status

Does the new 3 door no longer have opening quater lights like the old one .. if so your probably right.. Although Thule definatly advertise a separate setup for the new A3..

Found the ppl at Halfords were pretty good when I needed one for my MX-3.. actually that may be it.. On that both roof bars fitted in the one door.. made a VERY narrow gap .. but I managed to carry quite a lot on it...

I have a set of Thule roof bars that I use on my current A3 1.8 T (2002). I also have a new A3 2.0TDI DSG on order. Having looked at the Thule web site it seems that they use the same Gutterless Foot Pack (750) on both models and the same roof bars. The only component that is different is the Rapid Fit Kit, which is 1038 for my existing A3 and 1314 for the new A3.

Thule's web site is www.Thule.com

Dave R

Reverse Gear

Status

Brilliant!!! thanks m8. I can now sleep ay night ... as it has been bugging me big time!

Will ask the stealer how much for the Audi system... and then probably pass out! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Cheers