S3 - Software Updates?

PaulAr

S3 (8P)
Reaction score
Have AUDI released any software updates for the S3?

Reason I need to know is that Im hoping to have the car REVOd this weekend or next and its going in for an oil service in the next couple of weeks.
So I need to know whether they will flash the ECU with an update when its there.

This was a royal pain in the *** on my Golf as VW were regularly updating the stock software which meant everytime I got the car back after a service/warranty (even tyres!) visit. The ECU had been flashed an I had a 90mile round trip to get the REVO code re-instated.
The problem is made worse because the Techs dont bother to check to see if car has had the latest ECU update, and just flash it as a matter of course.

My car is an Oct 2007 (57)

Thanks
Paul

Yes, think so, problem Ive had in the past is no one bothers to check and flash the ECU anyway.

If there are no updates, then they wont flash the ECU.

cheers
Paul

if you call a dealership and give them your vin no. they can tell you if there any outstanding updates for your car.

There is an update for the S3, i'd give them a call

Mine is a July 07 S3, no service yet. What does the update fix or even make worse lol

btw I work in computers and firmware fixes don't always make things better

Dave

Mine was reflashed in April at 1st service, didn't really notice much difference, maybe a bit more low down torque. Not sure whether your car will already be updated.

mark

Is it possible to instruct your service advisor not to flash your car?

i reckon they will advise you that if you don't have the update then your warranty maybe void if anything goes wrong with is related to the update, usually the updates are to solve problems which have come up from warranty issues, ongoing engine developments etc.

Have AUDI released any software updates for the S3

I have a Jan 07 car which need this update "recall 24H8 - Software update" which apparently fixes an issue where the emissions light can come on when it shouldn't. As mentioned above, your dealer can tell you if it's required if you quote your chassis number. I guess it's already applied to later cars as some owners have not required the update.

Doesn't REVO incorporate the Audi updates into their maps?

Yes, when my car was mapped Revo read the software version number from the ECU and they actually had a later release incorporated into their map.