AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Sick of Dealers, Body shops etc etc

Well guys, long time no post.

I had a small accident with my A3, involving my rear door and garage door!

Long story short been to the audi bodyshop and had door repaired and they seem to have done a good job, however they cleaned the inside of the car, god knows what with but the piano black trim on the ash tray and gear surround are really dull and the gear surround has got a wacking great scratch down it.

I have phoned them and are taking it back tomorrow to see what can be done. Why cant people do their jobs correctly! Apart from the door dent the car was immaculate!!

Chris.
    Gone - A3 2.0 TDI (140) Sportback Sport

Now - BMW f10 520d

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    mate i understand the frustration. everyone has their own job in life why cant they actually just do it no hassle!!

4th Gear

Status
    people cant do their job right because most of the time they just dont care. no respect. sickening.
    Audi A3 2.0TDI S-Line
    OEM+

Coming soon: VW Passat 2.0TDI 170 DSG

1st Gear

Status
    I am ready for battle tomorrow morning!!

I think they knew about it as when i phoned up and told them all i got on the phone was a "oh rite, bring it back"

Wounder whats the chances of doing a deal to get the Alu trim put in instead of repairing the piano black lol

Now - BMW f10 520d

Low life livin' the high life.

Status
    Well lets be honest, if they've messed it up.... worse case scenario for them is replacing the whole trim package.
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

S3 (8P)

Status
    Completely empathise.

Once had a sticking ashtray on my Golf. VW had 3 failed attempts at fixing it until they decided to replace it altogether.
    And Guess what?...it was still sticking.

So when my car was eventually delivered (yes delivered for a duff ashtray!!) I was told "its fixed now Sir".

When a got it the car to drive home later in the day, I didnt know whether to laugh or cry. Apparently the VW Tech thought the best solution was to `trim back` the centre console and ashtray surround by grinding it with a with a dremmel!!!

The car was returned, the Service Manager was VERY red faced and a complete centre console complete with ashtray was removed from a brand new car on the forecourt and transferred to my car while I was plied was coffee and biscuits.
    Lord only knows what it actually cost VW to fix a duff ashtray.

After that I would believe absolutely any story of dealer ineptitude I was told.

Good luck.

Cheers
    Paul

Stevie C

Status
    Got my car back from Bristol Audi yesterday after having the rear valence replaced which they're service department cracked.. they have done a good job but sticking hand prints all over the back end with paint dust everywhere!

Girl in reception just handed me my keys... no one came and looked round the car with me and no paperwork given for the work they had done!!!

Unless your car is under warranty stay clear of Bristol Audi they have been a nightmare from start to finish they are soooooo out of touch, so in house training on how to treat customers so they actually come back wouldnt go a miss!!!
    Audi A3 2.0 TDI Dolphin Grey |Loads of extras... & Mods...

Mods Fitted - Full Rieger Infinity Body Kit including Splitter | De Chromed Front Grills | Graphite RS4 19" Alloys |MK5 Golf GTI Brakes |S6 DRLs | Jetex Twin Tailpipe Exhaust | Revo Remap | TT FBMFSW |S3 Retro Pedals | S3 Air Vents | Diamond Front Component Speakers | Custom Parcel Shelf |Private Plate

Mods to be done - R32/R line Gear Knob | Interior Map lights |35% tints

Neutral

Status
    In May I took my A3 to Coventry Audi for its first service. the car was serviced fine and all seemed ok until I saw this on the bonnet!!

Unbelieveable!!

They agreed to repair, but later on that afternoon somebody smashed into me head on at 60mph and wrote the bleeder off!! So the scratch didn't seem too bad in the end!

Still, its bloody annoying that you pay 90 per hour labour and end up with a 6 inch scratch across the bonnet of a 9 month old car

5th Gear

Status
    i think the lot of them are a waste of space

Stevie C

Status
    franchised dealerships are only interested in warranty cars as thats where they make they're money! if your just out of warranty and thinking about selling shortly then may be wise to use them for trade in value but other than that find a good independant... half the labour cost and you dont feel second class when you walk in! 9 times out of 10 they take an interest in your pride and joy!! I didnt like using Bristol Audi even when my car was under warranty and after the service i have received from them after the past 2 months i will not be going back and would never recommend them to others....

Mods Fitted - Full Rieger Infinity Body Kit including Splitter | De Chromed Front Grills | Graphite RS4 19" Alloys |MK5 Golf GTI Brakes |S6 DRLs | Jetex Twin Tailpipe Exhaust | Revo Remap | TT FBMFSW |S3 Retro Pedals | S3 Air Vents | Diamond Front Component Speakers | Custom Parcel Shelf |Private Plate

2008 Audi S3

Status
    I thought bad dealerships where the norm only in South Africa, sucks to hear that is it's everywhere

Stevie C

Status
    The only good thing about Bristol Audi is the Parts dept, as for everything else i dont have anything good to say!

1st Gear

Status
    Well quick update, got my car booked back in as the paint had blistered too.

They replaced the trim around the gearstick and resprayed the door, however they have had the door card off the car again for the spray and now the door handle on the inside when pulled makes a clicking noise as if its not connected up correctly!!

They are sending out a tech to my work to have a look tomorrow!

PS... Any idea if this is common problem and easily fixed?

Now - BMW f10 520d

6th Gear

Status
    I guess they didnt splash out for the Alum trim? My old A3 developed a problem with the interior door handle when my GF tried to open the door when the doors were auto locked. the cable had popped out at the door latch. I sorted but it did it again as I hadnt clicked it in propely
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

1st Gear

Status
    No mate, swapped it with a new black trim, fixed one problem, caused another,

Colebrook and Burgess on tyneside, hope you get it sorted this time

Now - BMW f10 520d

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cjp2k View Post
    No mate, swapped it with a new black trim, fixed one problem, caused another,

Colebrook and Burgess on tyneside, hope you get it sorted this time
    Well my the techs been on site in my works car park for the best part of 2 hours and hes rebuilt the door, apparently something wasn't lined up properly and hes now done it, so hopefully everything now works!!

Chris

Now - BMW f10 520d