Gutted and feel totally let down by audi!

bumble

Phantom Black 09 A3 S-line
Reaction score
Ive just registered on here and thought id share my experience with you,

Around 12 weeks ago i ordered a new face lift audi a3 in white 2.0tdi sline through audi main dealer fleet services.

Me and my partner didnt mind waiting for the car as we knew it would be the new model and in the colour we saw at the dealers (white) which sold it for us.

Ive had regular updates on the build of our order and it was due to arrive second week in august after we returned off holiday. We even recieved the vehicle registration details and reg number and everything so was expecting to get the car at the end of last week.

Had a phone call yesterday from my local dealer apparrently the car has arrived but its a standard car and not a white sline as we ordered. I couldnt believe it! How could someone **** this up so big.

We have now sold our other vehicles so we are a car down stuck and franticly looking to find car the dealers say its going to be another 12 weeks for another as they have no white slines available.

Do you think i should make an official complaint to audi about this as its really left us stuck without a car and of course could be have been told earlier it wouldnt have been as bad.

Does anyone know how i can get in touch with audi customer care / services.

Appreciate your thoughts / feelings what would you do?:sign_unfair:

Sheeesh, that does suck.

My mums very first brand new car, a Dragon Green VW polo was delivered with the wrong coloured interior. The dealer couln't have been more helpful My mum had a like for like car to run around in adn the Dealer searched throughs tock with other delaers around the country to source the right car. They eventually found an unregistered car to near as damn it the right spec (it had more than she'd originally ordered!).
Issue resolved.

What have Audi said they are going to do. Literally "Tough look, it'll be 12 weeks"?
I'd go back to them and demnad a car to run around in while yours is built, or to source another car in the dealer network that matches your original order.
I'd also write a letter to Audi UK and cause a bit of a stink.

Dig your heels in - You should not be made to suffer for their error... they should be bending over backwards to fix this for you with minimum disruption and inconvenience.

Good luck!

Sorry to hear your problems. First thing I would do is speak to your dealer and see what they are prepared to do for you whilst you wait for your car to arrive, I think they should at least give you a loaner. I'd also ask for some free servicing for your car when it does eventually arrive as a good will gesture.
If you don't get any joy out of them, then I would take it up with Audi customer services.

The dealer needs to be giving you a loan car until the issue is sorted. Mistake do happen and we are all only human.

I dont se that you would need to take it further unless the dealer is refusing to look after you until the problem is solved

My Boss's dads merc arrived the wrong colour. They let him just use it until his arrived although it wasnt a 12 weeks wait!

Oh, welcome! Hope after this is sorted you have a pleasant time with your new car :thumbsup:

defo complain, get a courtesy car out of it, sh1t happens unfortunately occaisionally

Welcome to the forum,

As others have said mistakes do happen and it's not unheard of for cars to come with wrong options etc. Ask the deal er what they are going to do about it, chances are they will offer up a loaner until your car is built.

J.

yep mistakes do happen but they should pull out all of the stops to get a car to you, even if it means throwing in a few options that you didn't request - foc obviously. I know someone who ordered the A3 SE and when it turned up it was the special edition .. not the "SE" model so it does happen to others.

you should definitely be given a loaner since the mistake was on their end. Ask the sales manager what he plans to do about it and if you get no luck send a polite email to jeremy.hicks@audi.co.uk explaining what happenned.

he's a director of Audi UK and should be able to pass your message on to one of his minions to deal with. several of us have dealt with him before and had satisfactory outcomes - just remember to be polite in your mail. going in with all guns blazing is not the thing to do.

Hi welcome to the form....
Yeah defo make a complaint (if they refuse to help etc)..Thats a huge **** up! Mistakes do happen...But how could they not know sooner a 2.0tdi sline white and they get a standard one there. How long have you been waiting for the one you was suppose to get this month?
Speak to the dealer and see what they can do, because you sold your car and your carless and see if they can give you one till your car is built. That be only fair. what have they said so far?

without a shadow of doubt you SHOULD contact Audi UK, kick up a right fuss.

Personally, I wouldn't go to HO straight away (as said above, mistakes do happen and unfortunately it's happened to you).

Contact the dealer and calmly explain your situation. If they become difficult or are unhelpful, point them to the brochure which states that if your vehicle isn't delivered on the agreed date, then they should arrange for a courtesy car.

If that doesn't solve things to your satisfaction, then contact HO.

In the first instance, speak to your dealer politely, and ask them what their resolution is to the problem. If you do not find that acceptable, ask to speak to someone in the dealership (maybe the principal) who is in a position to make the right decision for you.

If they are still unable to do this, I would write to (not email) Jeremy Hicks, who is the managing director of Audi (UK) Limited. But do so politely, yet succinctly. Post it recorded delivery.

Presumably you actually saw (and have) a copy of the new car order?

I had a very similar experience some years ago which led to me buying my very first A3. At the time I was driving a Golf VR6. I wanted to order a new VR6 but was told the factory was not making any more. I then got a phone call from the dealer saying the factory had decided to manufacture one further batch. I placed my order. The VR6 came as standard with a sunroof but as I have a problem with the inside height I ordered it without as a no-cost option. The car arrived but someone along the line had forgot to include the no-sunroof option. The car was no good to me as I could not get confortable with the lower roof because of the sunroof.

There was no way the dealer could order another one as the order books had closed on the VR6. Fortunately I still had my existing VR6 as I was intending to do a trade-in. So I went along to their partner Audi garage and tried an A3 1.8T Sport. That was back in April 1998 and I'm now on my 6th A3 so it all worked out OK in the end.

Check but I am sure Audi condition of sale is that if your car is not delivered by the specified date then they are obliged to give you a courtesy car. It happend to my daughter & after kicking up a fuss our local Audi dealer rented a VW for five weeks for her.

Thisis a pretty big f**k up BUT....I honestly can't see Audi leaving you up a creek without a car. Explain the situatin to the powers that be and tell them you want an equal spec car on loan til yours arrives.
The error is at their end, no argument there so i can't see them denying you a car.

Good luck anyway.

this happened to my mates wife with there mini, it turned up the wrong colour!!!
so she drove around in that 1 until they built her the correct car that she had ordered. thats the very least that the dealership should do for you.
I would be after the servicing pack as a way of opologie

Have they offered you a loan car?
Have I missed you saying that?
They definitely should, if you haven't been offered one already.
My BMW dealer gave me a BMW X3 to run around in for a few weeks, because I didn't want my D3 before a certain date but my A3 had already gone.
That was my choice too, not their mistake.

Cheers for the advice guys i must say this has really tainted the whole "new car experience" for me and left me with a bad taste. In fact i even found my self on the autotrader site yesterday looking a used cars!

Audi dealers are apparently trying to source me a new vehicle possibly in a different colour to my original option which was white. I think the only other colour id have is black tbh, my other half isnt too stuck upon primary colours.

This car is a lease car too so im not holding my breath with them. Our other car goes end of august so i hope they hope they sort us something or were on the bus lol :banghead:

You shouldn't have to compromise on the colour because of their mistake. Ask for the car that you originally ordered and stick to your guns. If you're without a car then they need to provide one as we've said above.

Totally agree with Davemk, you're being far too soft with them. Take the advice on this board and use it

Guy ordered an R8 from my local dealer, car came with the slightly wrong spec, they let him use the R8 until a car arrived with correct spec.

The least you want is a loan car, lay it on thick explaining you have no vehicle due to the expected delivery of you order.

Mark

Guy ordered an R8 from my local dealer, car came with the slightly wrong spec, they let him use the R8 until a car arrived with correct spec.

The least you want is a loan car, lay it on thick explaining you have no vehicle due to the expected delivery of you order.

Mark

was that the dude that had a fiesta hit him as he left the garage?

I would simply expect them to re-order the correct car and supply me with a loan car for the entire duration of the wait - and a similar spec loaner at that - simple.

Update on the situation, had a phone call from whom i think was the sales manager at the dealers today. Basically they have managed to find me a car but not in the colour i ordered (white). I did say i would consider taking a black car as it was my second choice in colour i i knew white would be difficult to find in a situation like this but no black or white is available they said :(

I asked about a factory order and i was told i will have to wait two months roughly as theres a shortage , so i asked about a loan car for that period theyve told me its just not possible, they even advised me that if i was to re-order from factory they may not be able to hold the price / contract leasing deal ive agreed with them, as the offer / pricing hass changed and increased now. Unbelieveable! (I am now fuming with how theyre treating me)

I also asked again to try to get to truth as to why the incorrect vehicle came and the guy i spoke to today admitted that they had incorrectly orderd the wrong car at the dealers.

Im thinking that calling audi customer services tomorow is the only way forwads on this now. My other car goes back 1 september.

Total bad experience wish id never bothered now.

crap they are just fobbing you off.... don't take no for an answer, i would DEMAND the correct car being ordered AND i would DEMAND a loan car until that car gets delivered - delays etc are now their problem and became their problem the minute they ordered the wrong car - ring customers services and tell them to sort it. I wouldn't accept a car 'close' in spec (unless it was a much better spec and for the same price)

I know its a bit of a nightmare dealing with these silly little suited monkeys in these places (as i have done plenty) but just stick with it - if you need to go in every day and start raising your voice in their shiny showroom full of 'potential customers' and they will soon change their tune - just keep at it and don't them get away with this pathetic crap.

That's crap. They've just admitted that the car was incorrectly ordered by them and are now saying that there's nothing they can do about it.

Your best bet is to get in touch with customer services.

If you get nowhere with that then either email the Director of Audi UK at jeremy.hicks@audi.co.uk or contact his PA, Liz Luckett, on 01908 601303. As I said before, make sure you are polite in your initial conversations as they will be more inclined to help that way. This will be the first they've heard of the situation, so don't take it out on them. All you want to do is explain that the dealer admitted to making a mistake and now won't do anything for you. Make sure you have all the necessary information to hand before making the call (order date, order number, what you ordererd, what they ordered, who you dealt with, what they told you, what they've offerred you).

At the end of the day the car you ordered has not yet arrived in the dealership, so they can't force you to take another one.

If they are saying it will be another 12 weeks and basically tough crap, then i would pull my money back off them and go to another dealer who can treat you well.

I'm sure they would then be running after you, and should be offering you a sweetner too.

In this climate they cannot afford to let one sale slip away.

If they say you have entered an agreement / contract, they have clearly breached this.

That's the point you want to get across to them. You entered a contract for a particular car, not any old car they decide they want to sell you.

And within a particular time scale too, all the inconvenience and stress they have put on you too. Grrr.

And within a particular time scale too, all the inconvenience and stress they have put on you too. Grrr.

thanks for suppport guys ive put a complaint into audi customer services today they advised around 48 hours for complaints a case manager to get back to me so hopefully ill hear from them soon. I dont like causing a fuss but guess ive no choice.

I didnt want to go direct to the top ( jeremy hicks )
thanks MarcQuinlivan
user_online.gif

6th Gear

just yet as i felt it would only be fair to inform customer serives services first before going up a level. Hopefully this will bring some form of resolve, i am actually losing sleep about this now :( and my other half it getting rather upset about it too . Its really rubbish.

Supposed to an enjoyable experience and its been nothing like that at all.