Ooohh

Think that must be what he means. I find it quite a good feature!

They (the wiper arms) don't stop fully they just slow down when the car does and speed up again when the car accelerates.

I knew you could adjust the length of the pause when set to intermittent using the rocker switch on the stalk but didn't realise we had this speed sensitive function when they're set on a constant wipe.

It's great when you stumble across little features like that isn't it.
:)

The speed sensitive bit is annoying at times in heavy rainfall, if you go from 60mph to 15mph quite quickly, they slow right down but the rain does not slow down! Normally when speed changes like this it's because your at a junction / roundabout etc, so the ability to see out of the windscreen is quite important!

But instead the wipers don't wipe for a few seconds, and your left fiddling with the stalk so you can see!

Maybe that's just me though! :)

The speed sensitive bit is annoying at times in heavy rainfall, if you go from 60mph to 15mph quite quickly, they slow right down but the rain does not slow down! Normally when speed changes like this it's because your at a junction / roundabout etc, so the ability to see out of the windscreen is quite important!

But instead the wipers don't wipe for a few seconds, and your left fiddling with the stalk so you can see!

I can see a flaw in this speed sensitive system.............

We all have it don't we?? Mine do it and my last car was the same.

I hate it though. I don't like the control being taken away from me. Which is why I didn't select the auto wipers or auto lights option.

Also if you park the car with the wipers switched on when you start up again the wiper doesn't start until you've moved a few feet. Not a good idea really when you can't see where where you're going to move that few feet! I have to turn them off then on again, argh!

the reason they don't come on when you turn on the ignition if you removed the key with the wipers set to on is in case there was a hard frost and your window is frozen over - it prevents the wiper motor from burning out if the blade is stuck to the window. I believe it explains this point in the manual.

the reason they don't come on when you turn on the ignition if you removed the key with the wipers set to on is in case there was a hard frost and your window is frozen over - it prevents the wiper motor from burning out if the blade is stuck to the window. I believe it explains this point in the manual.

I'm going to use my brain again so beware:

Why not incorporate the thermometer into that circuit so it doesn't do this when the weather is hot!?

:keule:

seems to me that it'd just be easier to remember to turn off your wipers before you get out of the car. I don't think I've ever left the wipers in the on position when parking. maybe that's just me!

when i first got my car i was driving through preston with my mate, and he was questioning whether the car was any good. i am not one to boast and i couldnt think of anything so i said it had great wipers, and gave a mini demonstration.

I am really anal about having a clean windscreen, so the fact these wipers have many features pleases me. i like the way when you blast the screen with washer fluid it does the last sweep much slower to make sure all excess has been wiped away, and i like the way when you are sat at a traffic lights it slows down.

For some reason my mate gave a raised eybrow and asked if i was serious

All hail the windscreen wipers :anbet:

i think i might go out now and reevaluate what i consider to be a good feature on a car, like a good engine

I don't think I've ever left the wipers in the on position when parking. maybe that's just me!

No, it's not just you. I can't stand to leave the wipers anywhere other than their resting / parked position.

i like the way when you blast the screen with washer fluid it does the last sweep much slower to make sure all excess has been wiped away, and i like the way when you are sat at a traffic lights it slows down.

Are they standard features or only with the auto wiper option? I'm considering the auto lights / wipers option but can't make my up as to whether they're worthwhile.

Maybe that's just me though! :)

Personally never had that problem!

If I come to a stop then I am not catching as much water on the screen as I would be doing moving at speed so the wipers going to the next speed down stops from them from screaching and smearing like they would if left on the highest speed

Personally never had that problem!

If I come to a stop then I am not catching as much water on the screen as I would be doing moving at speed so the wipers going to the next speed down stops from them from screaching and smearing like they would if left on the highest speed

happens to me everytime it rains and I come to a stop

I think there was a thread a while ago about this, apparently they slow down by 1 speed, so if you are on fast they go to normal, on normal speed they go to intermittant etc

I have to say I find it friggin annoying and dangerous

The slow downward wipe is cool though, stops the beads of water going up the screen