Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

2.0T with s-tronic AND quattro ?!

I was just messing around with the Audi configurator on the Dutch Audi site and I noticed that you can now have the 2.0T with both S-tronic AND Quattro. I always thought it was one or the other except with the 3.2 enigne. Something to do with the difference of traversal/longitudinal mounting of the engine block. Is the current 2.0T the new 2.0 engine and is it mounted differently from the old one?

Although I can not afford a new car at the moment, my dream A3 is technically obtainable now. I would love a S-tronic combined with Quattro, just not a 3.2. With constantly increasing fuel prices a big V6 would be financial suicide.

<daydream mode on>

hmmm...
    2.0T Quattro S-tronic
    S-line exterior
    S-line interior
    Leather/Alcantara
    SatNav+Bose
    Bluetooth phone prep
    USB prep
    colour DIS
    Sunroof
    Electric everything

</daydream mode off>

It'll be quite a bit over 50.000 euro though. Unbelievable..... There is no way I could justify that amount of money for a car. A small at that. The 38.000 I paid for my current car was already way over the top :-(
    A3 sportback 2.0FSI sport, mauritius blue, proline, alu, interior light pack, rain&light sensor, cruise.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    All A3s have transverse engines. I think the lack of availability was more to do with marketing forces than any technical reason.

R8GGA

Status
    Surely it would be

<day dream mode>

</day dream mode>
    awesome cars; both gone now though
    2004 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line DSG inAvus Silver, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, 18" RS4's, Bose, Tints
    2008 S3 3Dr, GIAC HAMMER, Phantom Black, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, FBMFSW, Optics, Privacy, Ipod, Rear Sensors, Armrest
    Weekend / Summer:
    2002 Ferrari 360 Modena, Nurburgring Silver, Bordeaux leather
    2006 BMW M6

The 2.0TFSI quattro 6-speed S-tronic Sport is listed in the current UK A3/S3 brochure and price list in both 3-door and Sportback versions. The prices are 24,145 and 24,645 respectively.

If fact the 2.0TFSI quattro in with a manual gearbox has been discontinued as from the 2009 model year.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

is a retronaut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus911 View Post
    Surely it would be

<day dream mode>

</day dream mode>
    I was going to make the same point. or it could be

<day dream mode>

</d>

8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus911 View Post
    Surely it would be

<day dream mode>

</day dream mode>
    Absolutely right. I just thought I'd make it readable to those of us who don't speak HTML :-)
    A3 sportback 2.0FSI sport, mauritius blue, proline, alu, interior light pack, rain&light sensor, cruise.

R8GGA

Status
    spot the IT department!
    awesome cars; both gone now though
    2004 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line DSG inAvus Silver, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, 18" RS4's, Bose, Tints
    2008 S3 3Dr, GIAC HAMMER, Phantom Black, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, FBMFSW, Optics, Privacy, Ipod, Rear Sensors, Armrest
    Weekend / Summer:
    2002 Ferrari 360 Modena, Nurburgring Silver, Bordeaux leather
    2006 BMW M6

Low life livin' the high life.

Status
    Glad i got mine pre-facelift then if you HAVE to have s-tronic in a 2.0T quattro from now on.
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

1st Gear

Status
    Had a facelift 2.0T s-tronic with quattro in S-Line guise on a 48 test drive - it was loaded with a fair few things (such as DVD Sat Nav, Panoramic Sunroof, Bose, Xenons, Cruise) - cracking car to drive; I've never tried s-tronic, or quattro before, and it was great to drive and clung to the road.

Out of my price range but I wanted to check out the s-line spec, as well as the 2.0T engine and S-Tronic. Enjoyed all three, though this particular car will probably be the best car I drive in quite a while!

1st Gear

Status
    Or just go for an S3 with S Tronic...start at around 39000 Euro (in Germany).
    S3 Sportback DSG in Sprint Blue with mag ride, interior lights, Bose, parking sensors.

and...

99 TT Roadster

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo Sharp View Post
    Or just go for an S3 with S Tronic...start at around 39000 Euro (in Germany).
    Prices in Germany are a lot lower than in Holland :-( The basic S3 with no options costs 49.885 Euro here, Sportback is 51.000. Tick a few small options and you are soon up to 60.000! By the way, the S3 can only be had with 6 gear manual here. I guess an S-tronic version would be at least 2.000 more.

These prices are ridiculous, we are still talking about a small class car. You can image what a nicely specced A4 or A6 is going to cost in Holland. S and RS models are even worse. You won't get any change from 100.000!

I think I'll stick with my 2.0FSI for now, which FYI, I quite enjoy. Especially after having driven a Citroen Picasso hire car the other day. What a piece of ****e that was. Makes you realize how lucky we are for owning an Audi :-)

1st Gear

Status
    And if you buy in Germany? Do you get hit with extra taxes in Holland? And I thought the EU allowed free movement of goods.......silly me.
    S3 Sportback DSG in Sprint Blue with mag ride, interior lights, Bose, parking sensors.

and...

99 TT Roadster

1st Gear

Status
    Yep, the taxman will be waiting. They'll tax us based on what the car + options would have cost in Holland. Options are often twice the price you pay in Germany. Sometimes it seems that the whole EU and open markets thing only applies to us if the government can make some extra money. Prices/taxes will never ever go down!