Ibis White S-Line FACELIFT with black grille - pics inside

Sem

Reaction score
Manged to get some pics of this today, I can't make up my mind up on it - it was one of the colours on my shortlist (with the black styling package).

This particular one was a 1.4T S-Line, does this have a different suspension setup as it seemed to sit a little higher than a 2.0T quattro I have seen at another stealers.

P4100042.jpg

P4100043.jpg

P4100045.jpg

P4100049.jpg

P4100051.jpg

P4100052.jpg

P4100055.jpg

Next to an S3 sportback facelift:

P4100053.jpg

And a few of a Meteor Grey S-line they had in stock:

P4100070.jpg

P4100069.jpg

P4100068.jpg

All three look nice...facelift definitely growing on me now.

What colour is the S3??

I like the black grille on the white with the new nose but the new front lights are proper rank.:puke2:The mirrors are defo a bit on the large side and i actually think the old taillights with the white stripe looked better too, we could do with the insides of the new rear lights with the outsides of the old.

Not liking those lights I'm afraid nor the new position of the s-line badges either.

Glad I got mine when I did!

I'm not sure about the new style, personally it's the head lights that don't do it for me.

Was looking at a new A3 and A3 cab when I went into my local dealer yesterday and the main thing other than the lights that were a little weird were the new wheels, they seem to have a cheapish look.

I do like the black grill though and on the white it looks :thumbsup:

i agree with the front lights and the mirrors, other than that its OK...

why does a white s-line look better than a black facelift S3 ?? :S

I'm glad I didn't wait for a facelift, and its not just a case of sour grapes, I'm really not to keen on that

The A3 seems to get more ungainly with every new incarnation. The original from 1996 was groundbreaking, the 8P seems a little more mundane in comparison, and this latest facelift looks like it could easily be a Ford or Vauxhall.

The black on white effect on that Ibis A3 looks gorgeous imo. Guess the black styling kit deletes the chrome surround for the fog lights on S-Line models.

Some nice comparison shots there.

I think the white S-line needs a grille badge, does anyone fancy a go at photochopping one on?

The more I look at the white one, the more i'm starting to like it again!

I've never had to spec a car from new before so i'm finding this really tough.

These two if you could:

P4100052.jpg

P4100042.jpg

Cheers :)

Thanks Dave, I think it needs to be a little lower though, look at where the S3 one is positioned.

Yeah, I was hoping you wouldn't notice that Sem! Or the size. Give me a few minutes and I'll sort it.

*Edit* Posts above editted with new pics. Haven't put it as low as the S3 - the S-line badge is usually a bit higher than that from the pics I've seen. If you want it lower though, just say.

I quite like Meteor Grey again. Might have a pop over to Stafford tomorrow to have a look.

Quite like the facelift when they have the non xenon lights. Definately starting to grow on me...

I quite like Meteor Grey again. Might have a pop over to Stafford tomorrow to have a look.

I've got some other high res pics of that Meteor grey S-line Dave, if you PM me your email address i'll send them across.

I agree, Meteor does look nice on these pics. However, I saw a Meteor grey A5 in the showroom at Shrewsbury and that looked like the car was still in primer!!

The styling differences between the new S3 & S-line is almost non existant now.

Im not sure whether the S3 is worth the extra pounds anymore...

I suppose its more a case of whats underneath that counts :eyebrows:

PM on it's way Sem.

Hmmm, you've made the same comment on the Meteor Grey that I made to my wife when I get back yesterday. Looking at the pics above, I thought I'd misjudged it but obviously not.

Don't like the new s-line grille at all. Why no vertical bars like the previous model?? The ibis white looks good though.

I agree, Meteor does look nice on these pics. However, I saw a Meteor grey A5 in the showroom at Shrewsbury and that looked like the car was still in primer!!

I've said this many many times about Audi pearl colours. In dull light they look ***** quite frankly. My Avus silver looks brilliant in sunlight and under artificial lights at night. Really sparkles. But on a dull rainy day (like today) it looks like grey primer. Totally flat.

The more I see the facelift, the more it grows on me. That white S-Line looks very nice, and the pic in #10 of the S3 looks great. The new lights give the S3 with a black grill a meaner look, like it's scowling. Good job really, my ibis white S3 arrives in approx 4 weeks. ;)

Happy I got mine pre facelift now, think the lights look a bit overstyled on the front

Wing mirros look like ballons to me.

Was on my daily commute through London Brigde this morning when I noticed VW have got a hoarding up advertising the new Scirocco. The wing mirros on that are soo much nicer. Smaller, more elegant, more stylish.

For me this is a facelift too far.

I've said this many many times about Audi pearl colours. In dull light they look ***** quite frankly. My Avus silver looks brilliant in sunlight and under artificial lights at night. Really sparkles. But on a dull rainy day (like today) it looks like grey primer. Totally flat.

:iagree:

Even my wife, who has very little interest in cars said that most of the cars in the showroom looked flat. Secretly, I was quite impressed that she even noticed. :respekt:

Yeh, I thought that too, might just be the angles the pics were taken at.

It does seem to sit a little higher than the others i've seen though, it must have a different suspension setup to the TDI's and 2.0 TFSI's.

Hmm I have an Ibis White A3 S-Line on order with S-Line suspension and those wheels...

I hope it's a bit lower than the one on these here pics :)

Went into the local AUDI garage on saturday to see about ordering a new S3 in white with the black optics pack. But was told the white loose's £2000 over any other colour when you want to trade in ?. Not sure now. Seem's abit high,is that right ?. No stock untill feb 2009.

Feb 2009? What engine was that for?

I don't understand why would white colour would make the car any cheaper? Who told you that?

I think it's one of the best colors, and the only reason why it could be cheaper at trade in is because there are so many white A3's (at least here in Croatia)

Yesterday I ordered my car (A3 S-Line 1.6) and it will be made at the begining of october!

A3 has big arches and sits quite high so 18's can look quite small, mine bugs me already, needs lowering & spacing but can't justify the spend at the moment, got a mk2 golf gti project on the boil!