Alloy wheel cleaning

L

L60N

Do any of you guys find it tedious and backbreaking cleaning your alloys? I know i do, the fronts get caked so easily!

A trip to halfords equiped me with some new gear to hopefully aid in this Sh1tty task.

I got to say, the results were so impressive I thought i'd share.

Megs wheel brush:
3ed231882a1fd61a64ad38c5a30caa94.jpg

Megs hot rims:

wheel_cleaner.JPG

I started by rinsing off the excess dirt with a Pressure washer, then applied the liquid, left is 20secs then shoved the brush into each gap in the wheel, giving a bit of a twizzle :)

Finally, I gave them a rinse off. I didnt even have to bother wiping the wheels down!! just worked the brush into the gaps and all the muck came off with a rinse!

So for you guys wanting the keep the inside of your wheels clean as well as the outside, no need to remove the buggers anymore (somthing ive never been ***** to do anyway).

Quick pics:

P1010243.jpg

P1010245.jpg

Applied a new coat of wax since the weather was playing ball. Its been about 3 months since i did it last:

P1010252.jpg

P1010253.jpg

impressive. Hot rims is very good, use that myself. Not a fan of the megs brush tho. Bought one myself but only used it once. I bought a halfords £6 jobbie and was great, untill last night when i was half-way through my 2nd wheel it snapped!!!! (not the wheel the brush LOL)

Whats up with the brush? I thought it did and surpassed what i'd hoped for. But yeah, the megs fluid is really good, to say i didnt even have to wipe the wheels down. Just spray on and rinse off!

Jaysus, £17 for an oversized feather duster!!

I thought the £7 i paid for the megs was a bit dear lol.

P.s. How did he manage to scratch is wheels using the brush? its only made out of plastic!

I think he probably just didnt notice that the rubber end had split, and was maybe raming it in to hard,lol.:blink:

Another EZ detail brush fan here - yes its expensive but it last ages - its very soft and the bristle spring back very quick in warm water unlike the megs one.
First day I got the car I out three layers of poorboys wheel sealant on them.
Now just use normal car shampoo and the brush and they come up like new every time.
Richard

Do any of you guys find it tedious and backbreaking cleaning your alloys? I know i do, the fronts get caked so easily!

A trip to halfords equiped me with some new gear to hopefully aid in this Sh1tty task.

I got to say, the results were so impressive I thought i'd share.

Megs wheel brush:
3ed231882a1fd61a64ad38c5a30caa94.jpg

Megs hot rims:

wheel_cleaner.JPG

I started by rinsing off the excess dirt with a Pressure washer, then applied the liquid, left is 20secs then shoved the brush into each gap in the wheel, giving a bit of a twizzle :)

Finally, I gave them a rinse off. I didnt even have to bother wiping the wheels down!! just worked the brush into the gaps and all the muck came off with a rinse!

So for you guys wanting the keep the inside of your wheels clean as well as the outside, no need to remove the buggers anymore (somthing ive never been ***** to do anyway).

Quick pics:

P1010243.jpg

P1010245.jpg

Applied a new coat of wax since the weather was playing ball. Its been about 3 months since i did it last:

P1010252.jpg

P1010253.jpg

Nothing to do with the car show tomorrow then L60N??? :yahoo:
God work mate.... I have the same brush.... works a treat!

Wheels look great L60N.

Just bought a few goodies myself from the guys at Polished Bliss including a couple of wheel brushes though I didn't go for the megs brush. I've read over on Detailing World (sad I know, but strangely addictive) that it doesn't last too long, but I guess it depends on usage/wheel style. I'm going for Bilberry wheel cleaner too as it's completely acid free and non harmful apparently it smells good too! :wtf:

Have to say I think I've caught the detailing bug. Shelled out £150 so far on cleaning stuff and still have a few bits to get. Oh dear...