Volks AutosChris Nott
    L60N

Alloy wheel cleaning

Do any of you guys find it tedious and backbreaking cleaning your alloys? I know i do, the fronts get caked so easily!

A trip to halfords equiped me with some new gear to hopefully aid in this Sh1tty task.

I got to say, the results were so impressive I thought i'd share.

Megs wheel brush:

Megs hot rims:

I started by rinsing off the excess dirt with a Pressure washer, then applied the liquid, left is 20secs then shoved the brush into each gap in the wheel, giving a bit of a twizzle

Finally, I gave them a rinse off. I didnt even have to bother wiping the wheels down!! just worked the brush into the gaps and all the muck came off with a rinse!

So for you guys wanting the keep the inside of your wheels clean as well as the outside, no need to remove the buggers anymore (somthing ive never been arsed to do anyway).

Quick pics:

Applied a new coat of wax since the weather was playing ball. Its been about 3 months since i did it last:

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    impressive. Hot rims is very good, use that myself. Not a fan of the megs brush tho. Bought one myself but only used it once. I bought a halfords 6 jobbie and was great, untill last night when i was half-way through my 2nd wheel it snapped!!!! (not the wheel the brush LOL)
    Audi A3 2.0TDI S-Line
    OEM+

Coming soon: VW Passat 2.0TDI 170 DSG

L60N
    Whats up with the brush? I thought it did and surpassed what i'd hoped for. But yeah, the megs fluid is really good, to say i didnt even have to wipe the wheels down. Just spray on and rinse off!

1st Gear

Status
    My dad used to have one of them megs brushes and it scratched the hell out of his alloys, plus be carefull of the rubber end spliting up.

ps these are better...

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels.../prod_480.html

L60N
    Jaysus, 17 for an oversized feather duster!!

I thought the 7 i paid for the megs was a bit dear lol.

P.s. How did he manage to scratch is wheels using the brush? its only made out of plastic!

1st Gear

Status
    I think he probably just didnt notice that the rubber end had split, and was maybe raming it in to hard,lol.

Boydie
    Quote Originally Posted by block View Post
    My dad used to have one of them megs brushes and it scratched the hell out of his alloys, plus be carefull of the rubber end spliting up.

ps these are better...

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels.../prod_480.html
    Just got one of these brushes too - great reports so looking forward to using it

I use Autosmart Jant 6 on my wheels, its fantastic and non acidic!

I cant spell !

Status
    Another EZ detail brush fan here - yes its expensive but it last ages - its very soft and the bristle spring back very quick in warm water unlike the megs one.
    First day I got the car I out three layers of poorboys wheel sealant on them.
    Now just use normal car shampoo and the brush and they come up like new every time.
    Richard
    MY12 Black edition TT Roadster with a tractor engine !

jamiekip
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    Do any of you guys find it tedious and backbreaking cleaning your alloys? I know i do, the fronts get caked so easily!

A trip to halfords equiped me with some new gear to hopefully aid in this Sh1tty task.

I got to say, the results were so impressive I thought i'd share.

Megs wheel brush:

Megs hot rims:

I started by rinsing off the excess dirt with a Pressure washer, then applied the liquid, left is 20secs then shoved the brush into each gap in the wheel, giving a bit of a twizzle

Finally, I gave them a rinse off. I didnt even have to bother wiping the wheels down!! just worked the brush into the gaps and all the muck came off with a rinse!

So for you guys wanting the keep the inside of your wheels clean as well as the outside, no need to remove the buggers anymore (somthing ive never been arsed to do anyway).

Quick pics:

Applied a new coat of wax since the weather was playing ball. Its been about 3 months since i did it last:

Nothing to do with the car show tomorrow then L60N???
    God work mate.... I have the same brush.... works a treat!

1st Gear

Status
    I have used one of these for quite some time:
    http://www.grandprixlegends.com/Moto...otoLegends.htm

Combined with Virosol, the wheels on my 10 year old GTI 1.8T look as good as new.

Prt57

Lets make that kitten purr...

Status
    Wheels look great L60N.

Just bought a few goodies myself from the guys at Polished Bliss including a couple of wheel brushes though I didn't go for the megs brush. I've read over on Detailing World (sad I know, but strangely addictive) that it doesn't last too long, but I guess it depends on usage/wheel style. I'm going for Bilberry wheel cleaner too as it's completely acid free and non harmful apparently it smells good too!

Have to say I think I've caught the detailing bug. Shelled out 150 so far on cleaning stuff and still have a few bits to get. Oh dear...
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.