JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    6th Gear

Status

Check this out...

Knew I wouldn't last long before going for a remap, the results are amazing, the car is an absolute animal when required but thankfully still docile around town if required, oh and averaging 35.7mpg on mainly short journeys, I'll post a full review when I get a minute but couldn't wait to share this with you guys....

Wether you are a fan of Diesels or not you can't argue with the amount of torque being generated, real push back in the seat gut wrenching stuff, amazingly it doesn't sound too bad either due to the v6.
    Last edited by marriedblonde; 15th August 2008 at 15:21.
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold

1st Gear

Status
    i said i'd never go bemmer but kinda considering. although would not be able to afford one of those anyway

whats the fuel consumption like?

jamiekip
    This time...

3rd Gear

Status
    Glad you're enjoying it, the re-map totally makes the car doesn't it, and I know the graphs don't show it because the nanny cuts in on the RR, but the re-mapped 335D, pulls hard all the way up to the 5000rpm redline, even though you don't need to rev it that hard to get there.

Have you driven in the wet mapped yet - very interesting - the little yellow light flashes at 90mph, if in the right gear. I used to drive mine with the traction fully off as I found the TCS cut in too much in the other modes. How are you getting on with the gearbox?
    www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk VW California hire and sales

2nd Gear

Status
    Awesome stuff! Let's hope the hardware is up to it!
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S Line 184 Quattro S-Tronic, Mar. 2014 Glacier white. Electric seats, sunroof, se suspension, heated folding mirrors, Reversing camera, Nappa leather, TPMS, Hold assist, Xenon plus adaptive lights with variable active range control, lane assist, Interior light pack, Technology pack, Comfort pack with ACC, park assist & parking system plus

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Oli. View Post
    Glad you're enjoying it, the re-map totally makes the car doesn't it, and I know the graphs don't show it because the nanny cuts in on the RR, but the re-mapped 335D, pulls hard all the way up to the 5000rpm redline, even though you don't need to rev it that hard to get there.

Have you driven in the wet mapped yet - very interesting - the little yellow light flashes at 90mph, if in the right gear. I used to drive mine with the traction fully off as I found the TCS cut in too much in the other modes. How are you getting on with the gearbox?
    The transformation is amazing the car feels an awful lot livelier and yes revs to 5,000rpm with no problem.

I only got the map done Weds so not had much opportunity to totally get to grips with it but I am looking forward to becoming well aquainted.

The gearbox imo will never beat a manual but its a pretty good compromise, I rarely use 'D' mode preferring to maximise driver input, I've only just covered 1,000 miles so I guess I'm stil learning how to get the best from the car, my trip to the Ring in 4 weeks time should sort me out

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    Awesome stuff! Let's hope the hardware is up to it!
    Believe it or not I selected the lower torque variant and not the powerful map available to safeguard the hardware, the 335D gearbox has a 'limp' mode built in if it senses too much torque so I wanted to stay well within the estimated safety limits.

The car won't actually get a huge amount of abuse and then ownership will be passed to the Mrs in around 12/18 mths time but currently it feels like its more than up to the job, it still feels like it has more to give but this could be the generous amount of torque making it all seem effortless.

4th Gear

Status
    Thought it was a straight 6?

Impressive results!!

Jonny
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

4th Gear

Status
    christ on a bike! bet thats an animal, i like...i like a lot!!! Diesel, its the future.
    Audi A3 2.0TDI S-Line
    OEM+

Coming soon: VW Passat 2.0TDI 170 DSG

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Diesel, its the future.
    More like Duracell's mate, lol, lol

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    Thought it was a straight 6?
    It is, I think he's having a blonde moment
    www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk VW California hire and sales

Boydie
    It took me a second to realise it wasnt an A3 lol and I was wondering what to feck you have done to get that haha

Status
    I'm thinking Boydie was having a blond moment
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten