Clunking seat

steve184

Reaction score
Anybody ever had a problem with drivers seat clunking slightly when pulling off from a standstill? I've had it in the dealer and they have done something with can't remember what - re-seated the runners and lubricated i think.

Also, after recently being in audi for the above mentioned problem i shortly after noticed a slight (quite tiny) cut in the seat bolster (looks like its been cut by a stanley knife or something as very clean) - unfortunately I can't prove that this wasn't there beforehand but i know for sure that i certainly haven't done it!

What is the generally remedy for leather damage? Do you have to have the whole seat cover replaced??? If so what about colour match to the rest of the leather in the car?

Its very tiny and only noticeable if you look real hard but it is bugging me - bt like the first scratch on a new car, this is the first mark on an otherwise flawless leather seat!

cheers

Audi reseated the runners and lube'd mine a couple of times, then replaced the seat base, since then its been fine (2.5 years)

there's a small metal piece that can come loose that the runners use to stop the seat from going to far back I think, its got a chrome silver top that is angled & also has like a seasaw motion, sorry if it sounds vague but it could be this not located correctly mate, reason I know this is I had this when I recently upgraded my seats to leather/alcantara other day, comes out of place, put back in place & runners then picked it up properly & slides back into place with a movement back/forth

steve ring them asap & explain the issue that it wasnt present until they did work & TBH they cant really say anything as they were the last ones to touch the car, its obvious really they did something to it

sounds like my old MK1 Golf, plastic runner cover came free whenever my short legged mum used my car! Come to think of it, that was probably the most fun car I have owned LOL