With regret.......

Con S3

C7 Audi RS6 PE
Reaction score
When ordering my S3, with sincere regret i did not spec bucket seats as, at the time i felt were not needed and the standard seats were perfectly fine. And that's exactly what they are.......fine!! There isnt anything special about them!! I really regret not getting the bucket seats as they make the interior such a special place to be and make the car seem more purposeful all round.

Anyway, now starts the search ti find a set of bucket seats. Is there any other place to goother than Audi to pick a set of these up and also to avoid shelling out the 1200 quid or whatever it is??

Cheers in advance!!

I do believe they would look awesome in my phantom black!! haha!!

Dunno if i'd have the nuts to get them though!!

Just after the Audi Buckets!!

On second thought and at a second glance.........they are **** hot!!!!!!!

Im going to look into this!!

Cheers bud!! I think you've started something here lol!!!

The buckets are amazing, they look fantastic and im really glad i specced them but ive got say there is not one person that hasnt moaned about how awkward they are to get in and out of, me included i have to say. They are top draw when your in them though, especially when driving hard, they arent just for looks.

I think there also a no no if you plan on using the rear seats often as they only tilt and dont slide, unless you do it seperately.

When i spec'd the TT-S i left out buckets due to the £1799 price tag.... I think i can feel some aftermarket Recaro's coming on! Big saving over Audi prices too...

I find with the standard seats i slide about alot more (im a bit of a skinny b@stard too which doesnt help matters), so it aint just for looks!

Im kicking myself that i didnt just spec them from the start!!

:keule:

I think there also a no no if you plan on using the rear seats often as they only tilt and dont slide, unless you do it seperately.

That is also a very good call, very annoying. Ive just starting telling people that the back is for looking at so i dont have to mess around, lol.

I would say that particular model (recaro sportster) is pretty similar to the ones you'd get if you specced OEM buckets - But you'd save money on them AND the black white combo is just :wub:

DO iT!!! :)

How much are the buckets to buy from audi???

Buy the time you have paid for fitting and 'messed about getting them to fit, I dont think there will be anything in the price. However, I would still do it had I not gone for the OEM buckets.
Is it not just the drivers seat that doesn't slide. The passenger one does?

From Audi as factory fit only, they are now 1700+VAT

How much as a retro-fit from audi though? or are you saying you can't buy them as retro fit?

Oh Christ i can feel the Friday madness creeping in...................:rockwoot:

So the sportsters are a viable alternative. If you got black leather, you'd be hard pushed to notice ANY difference, if you want the OEM look.

I'd go for Black/white in a black car though!!!

Prob. near enough cost me the same to p/x mine in and get a s3 hehehe.

Don't think that will be happening then!!

RecaroSportster2M.jpg

In Silver (White i guess) they are plus £30 a pair, so not much of a saving over a pair from the link above. And I notice that that is a simulated leather. It's plus £141/each for full leather by the looks of things.

Still a massive saving over OEM.

I'm trying to nudge a certain chap (you know who you are ;) )

Not just a msasive saving over OEM, but the only option. OEM are also Nappa leather (very expensive). I'd do the Recaro CS's definately.

If the subframes are a straight bolt in, then should not be too difficult, Recaro should be able to advise. otherwise it could be a nightmare.
I am guessing the cost of the subframes needs to be added to the price of the seats also in all these instances.

Oh, and that's just for the parts, no fitting. So you'd be looking at near £5k in total, if you're not up to fitting them yourself.

Holy ****!! Im guessing that aint worth it then lol!!

I have to say, ive fallen in love with those white and black recaros!!

I'll be fitting them myself!! How difficult can it be???:whistle2:

What's good to see is that the colours tie in with Audi's. I've spec'd silver extended leather in mine so the 'silver' leather Recaro's should tie in nicely. Hopefully it'll be a perfect colour match for the door cards and centre console. Look a bit of a dogs dinner if not...

What's good to see is that the colours tie in with Audi's. I've spec'd silver extended leather in mine so the 'silver' leather Recaro's should tie in nicely. Hopefully it'll be a perfect colour match for the door cards and centre console. Look a bit of a dogs dinner if not...

This is what im thinking!! Ive been on the phone to local stockists and they said that the Silver / white and black are just new and they dont have them in stock yet but will be getting them in a couple of weeks.

Im going to head down then and check them out!!

Fingers crossed they look the dogs danglies!!

Wow, a good find then ? :hi:

I really hope some of you guys do manage to fit them, they look awesome :)

If the silver / white goes with my interior those buckets will be mine, no doubt!!

Great find boyo!! Cheers!!!