Facelift rear lights

spencerjoel

Reaction score
hi all,
Is it just me or are the facelift rear lights rubbish when reversing at night?

I find it really dark, almost as though my reverse lights aren't working at all!!

I've checked them out and only one side has a light, is this normal? And would it be possible to get both sides working without too much hassle?

hi all,
Is it just me or are the facelift rear lights rubbish when reversing at night?

I find it really dark, almost as though my reverse lights aren't working at all!!

I've checked them out and only one side has a light, is this normal? And would it be possible to get both sides working without too much hassle?

The reversing light isn't specifically designed to work as a light to drive from at night.

Yes there is only supposed to be one. And no it's not very easy to get one on the other side. You could fit an extra light somewhere and wire it in. Or you could order a Euro light cluster for the other side and run a wire across to power it. But then you'd lose your fog light and you'd be driving illegally. But then noone would notice until your MOT.

the white section on the rear is somewhat smaller than the older lights which may account for the lower lighting levels.

new light on left, old on right. I know the one on the right is the fog, but the white strip is the same size.

A3FaceliftRearLights001.jpg

I personally prefer the look of the older lights, having the wider white strip.

Corr what a sad git i am, deliberating the looks of rear light clusters !!

In bed at night:

GF: Hey hun, lets have durty secks.

Me: one sec babe, im thinking...Which looks better to you? teh older cluster or teh new one?

GF: G'night ZzzzZZZzz

Corr what a sad git i am, deliberating the looks of rear light clusters !!

In bed at night:

GF: Hey hun, lets have durty secks.

Me: one sec babe, im thinking...Which looks better to you? teh older cluster or teh new one?

GF: G'night ZzzzZZZzz

Hey it could help you last longer - watched the Billy Conolly sketch the othernight where he was talking about doing the 9 times table in his head - LOL

So did I at first. But then you see them at night and it's a whole different story! Plus they grow on you.

I think the older lights suit certain colours better.

I think my Misano Red, Phantom Black and Ibis White suit the new 3dr lights but on some of the other colours there's just too much red on display. The larger white band helps to break the red up a bit.

they do look totally different at night too.

Everyone has commented about how much nicer the facelift lights look on my car but overall I thought the reverse light to be quite crap anyway