Remapping TDI 140 DPF

Sem

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the new 2.0 TDI 140PS common rail engine used in the facelift A3 can be remapped?

If so, would it be a conservative map to avoid the issues that were experienced with the PD170?

I'm wondering if I should order a new A3 or try and find a used one with the older PD140 engine instead as I would definitely want to remap it at some point.

Cheers.

There won't be anything about yet but give it 6 months and I guess the big companies will have something. I'd rather go for the new 140 and wait for the map than buy the old engine just because you can chip it now.

I noticed the Superchips PD170 DPF map is only a 27bhp increase but was originally capable of 230bhp until it was withdrawn?

Can we expect the same from the new 140 DPF maps? i.e. only a small power increase?

I noticed the Superchips PD170 DPF map is only a 27bhp increase but was originally capable of 230bhp until it was withdrawn?

Is that a question?

Earlier remap created DPF problems so the tuning companies reduced the increases to a more acceptable level.

But is the oem turbo ok for 230 anyway?

Leon, so your 3G Iphone brick isnt going back for the infineon chipset issues for reception, its been widely reported in the US just wondered if its also UK side aswell.