How do i choose ??? help please : )

madalex

S3-less untill December
Reaction score
Hi there i have an order in for a facelift ibis white S3 with recaros ,Sunroof , Electric f/mirrors,sat nav bose ,Black grill Orrrrr i can purchase a cheap Pre facelift model in ibis white with just bose black grill f/b s/w and phone prep

With the pre facelift shape i will fit sum of the latest shape recaro bucket seats and fit a sat nav myself . also with the money im saving would also put sum lightweight alloys on it , remap ,Facelift tail lights, apr fuel pump , turbo back exhaust and coilovers n rollbars

Orrrr

Would it be better gettin the latest shape and just rempaing it and lowering it on h and r springs ??

I cannot decide 2 save my life . wat would u guys choose ??:uhm::uhm::uhm::uhm:

Latest shape, why get rid of your current one just to buy another pre facelift??

Latest shape, why get rid of your current one just to buy another pre facelift??
I sold my prefacelift s3 only because i managed to get myself an amzing deal and not lose much money .. I understand what u mean because it will b the newest and the best but im not sure wether i would prefer something completly modded and unique . Purchasing the new one i will b limited to the mods i could afford .. Im tied its like 50:50

If you can afford to do both get the new version then you won't feel like you may have missed out later on when yo start to see loads and wish you had got one.

Just save up for any mods over time!

Defiantely the new one. Even if you mod a pre facelift you will not feel like you have a different car. Also, when you come to sell it and realsie you either have to de-mod it or loose the money you have spent you will be gutted.

Defiantely the new one. Even if you mod a pre facelift you will not feel like you have a different car. Also, when you come to sell it and realsie you either have to de-mod it or loose the money you have spent you will be gutted.

Either way i will loose the money of the mods , but i can purchase a prefacelift white for around 21k and the new facelift s3 will cost with my discount 30k

With all the mods you plan to do on the pre facelift, what sort of total price are you looking at. I would guess just fitting the new shape bucket seats are going to cost a tidy sum as they are a £1700 option, so buying them as a stand alone will be even more expensive. With the new one you will have the full 3 year warrantee. With all the stuff you intend doing you will not be too far away from the price of the new one. You will also have a car with zero miles. The only reason i say all this is I modded my car with every intention of keeping my interest and keeping the car....like I said though....its still the same car, so here I am waiting for my new S3 to arrive later this year ;)

I would go for the new model has you already owned the pre facelift one!
Don't be silly... get the new one!

Pedro

Go new dude - I think you'll be happier in the long run!
Sure I read somewhere that retrofitting the buckets is very expensive.... Audi quote some thing like £2k per seat...

For me I would go with the cheaper pre-facelift car and spend the difference in modifying the car, thats only because I CAN NOT own a non modified car, It would do my head my car looking like everyone else's..

As for fitting the Recaro seats, how about the Recaro Speedster CS, they are pretty much exactly the same as the option Recaro seats but about half the price..

Probably doesnt help you at all but hope you happy either way mate!

Jonny

Yeah I'd go Pre facelift too.

From a cost saving point of view, think what you could do with 9k :) mods :) mods :) mods!!

9k is a lot of money to throw away on a few aesthetic changes, whereas the pre face lift has already taken a large chunk of its depreciation.

I would choose Pre facelift with my heart AND my head tbh.

Either way, your a winner with Ibis, its a real head turner ;)

For 30K you could have..

A standard facelift

Or..

One of the best modified (pre-facelift) S3's in the country.. (behind mine and S3IZZO's) :):):)

For 30K you could have..

A standard facelift

Or..

One of the best modified (pre-facelift) S3's in the country.. (behind mine and S3IZZO's) :):):)

Exactly! or for 35k you could have a Nobel M400!! ;)

For 30K you could have..

A standard facelift

Or..

For 30K you could have Buckets, sat nav, light and rain, interior light pack, electric mirrors, electric sunroof, bose, flat tyre warning. Thats what mine cost.......just my opinion though

Yeah jonny the sportster cs are the seats i have enquired about , Stunning and they will cost me around 1600 with fitting bracktets and everything .. Would get them probs with the white suede ..
Yeah the diffrences being If i purchased facelift i would just have blistein coilovers rollbars and a set of light weight wheels and sum toyos thanks to u jonny lol
Wheras on pre facelift would b modded mad

For 30K you could have Buckets, sat nav, light and rain, interior light pack, electric mirrors, electric sunroof, bose, flat tyre warning. Thats what mine cost.......just my opinion though
Yeah and bose , phone prep , Factory tint and adaptive xenons .. I reasoned a good 8 1/2 % discount

Please more help please : ) im so confused

Whats left to dicuss? PRE FACELIFT!!! :)

p.s. Ive just seen a black MY09 S3, the guy looked embarrassed about his wing mirrors tbh ;)

Pre-facelift Alex...plus you'll have a S***load of money to spend on it...
I honestly honestly mean this... not because i got the pre-facelift but i reckon it looks alot better then the facelift ones... Just doesnt do it for me and whole front end (lights, grill, HUGE Q7 mirrors :wtf:) Plenty of my mates say to me what the heck have they done to the NEW S3.... But each to their own though hey.

Whats left to dicuss? PRE FACELIFT!!! :)

p.s. Ive just seen a black MY09 S3, the guy looked embarrassed about his wing mirrors tbh ;)

Where to is this black 09my s3 ??? i think maybe i should make my mind up when i see one ...

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Pre face lift all day..... I personally don't like the new shape as much.....

Ibis is by far the best colour.

Plus you can do some quality mods to it rather than having one that looks, sounds and performs the same as everyone elses....

But hey your decision is final.

(in fact too many Ibis S3's now so get the facelift! :)

Go new and mod it! That's what i'm doing.... just not sure how mad i'm going to go on this one though.

Hmmm im edging more towards pre facelift , i can fit rear lights from new shape im only missing some Swirly chrome lights n a smaller curvy grill .... Still not 100% tho :banghead:

Go for the new shape while there are discounts of 9% you cant go wrong no better feeling than having a brand new car that nobody else has owned.

Go for the new shape while there are discounts of 9% you cant go wrong no better feeling than having a brand new car that nobody else has owned.

True but all my other cars i have owned have been brand new bar 1 and i loved taking it apart and cleaning it lol : ) Specially if im putting in new seats in i will really enjoy installing them ..

I have decided going for pre facelift n going to mod the fuk out of it... :rockwoot: If i feel bored of it and i really like the new one i will get one when they have had there initail depreciation:beerchug:

let's have a modding war!!! Lol..

Na being serious think that's the way to go, when you get old and Boring you can get an RS4 ; )

let's have a modding war!!! Lol..

Na being serious think that's the way to go, when you get old and Boeing you can get an RS4 ; )

I tell u what give me till christmas and we will meet up n show them off , i have sum serious ideas : )

Anything new with urs ?

sounds like a plan lol

Not anything major, facelift lights, bulbs etc etc oh and big turbo in a couple of weeks :)

Ahh crap just found a stunning pic of facelift
n1182311906_30103411_2080.jpg
Compared with
003__scaled_600.jpg

And a quick photo of the latest family member
IMG_3632.jpg

Just some more pics for sum who may have not seen her
P1010263.jpg

P1010317.jpg

Hi,
I've got a facelift on order, and think that you should stick with the pre-facelift, seeing as you've said you don't like the facelift on previous threads!
White is nice, but is chavvy and a passing fad, but its up to you at the end of the day.
Modding an S3 is like taking a knife to a wedding cake, LEAVE IT ALONE!
My opinion
xx

PS Why don't you get a focus ST, much more suitable for modding, and having chav status.

Silver died out though, just like white wheel. White is good in mediterranean climates, not in soggy Wales!

Thankyou mitch78, lets just hope other members realise that :haha: