Got grip??

jonnyc

Reaction score
IMG_5123.jpg

;)

Vredestein Ultra C's or Bridgestone RE070's

Richard

I'm planning something similar for next summer, assuming that I can get hold of a couple more rims ;) . What sort of difference to grip levels have you experienced?

They look like the Toyos, but could be Avon ZZRs...

Phil

Looks like Toyos 888.I have them to ,just for trackdays.They are noicey on normal roads,a wining sound from them as from the most semi tyres.But very good grip when they are warmed up

Yeah they are the Toyo's..

As Wolfblane said, good all round really, apart from if you drive quick over standing water, and if you have sensitive hearing.. :)

If you want extreme grip try Khumo.....yes, honest, Khumo 700's they come in hard, med, soft & super soft, soft are adequate and are used extensively in hillclimb/sprinting.

I ran them for a few years on a 285BHP rear wheel drive car & with only 205's they gave ample grip even in the wet but standing water was a problem as they have very little tread pattern oh & don't expect them to last long, not suitable for track days as too soft but if you want to impress your mates in drag strip events they are as good as soft slicks but road legal.

As soon as these go really, going to be something a little different too, should be nice!

Kumho tyres are very good... I've had few different road use designs on previous cars and they are all very good grip, even in the wet. Far better than some of the top brand tyres I've had.

Kumho tyres are very good... I've had few different road use designs on previous cars and they are all very good grip, even in the wet. Far better than some of the top brand tyres I've had.

:confused:

Thats the plan yeah, love the Speedlines but just fancy a change, will probably want them back once they have gone lol..

You got your S3 yet? Could be an early present for your car:)

Don't tell anyone Jonny, but I ordered a new one last Friday and I get it 3rd week of Sept. Couldn't find the exact spec in a used S3 and a cracking deal came up that I couldn't refuse. So it will be a new facelift vers. in Ibis white with black bucket seats, black headlining, black optics pack, privacy glass, BOSE, light pac, folding mirrors, rain and headlight sensors. Craig is primed to retrofit Sat Nav and bluetooth function for me. Also 19" Black BBS CH's will be fitted from new.

Ah sounds great! You better get some suspension ready to put on as soon as you get it to compliment the wheels!!

Sounds like its going to be stunning!

Jonny

Yep, H&R springs will be fitted quickly. I plan to complete the running in process then get a full Milltek and a remap.

PaulMc... Look forward to some photos of that, will look very nice!

:sign_plug: ... You got your H&R Springs yet? I've got some for sale new & unused.