Insurance - who do you use?

QuickNick

Reaction score
Got my renewal notice a couple of days ago which surprised me a little as it's gone up to £650!

I'm 37, full NCB, clean licence and one non fault accident 3 years ago. Had a quick look at confused.com and got quotes that ranged from £300 to £800.

Just wondered who you guys had used in the past and if you'd claimed, how good they were at paying out

Cheers:icon_thumright:

My best quote for my renewal is from esure so i'll be using them. plus if you go through quidco you can apparantly get £75 cash back.

I just use confused.com and gocompare.co.uk to get my quotes. I'm currently through allianz, for my accident at the begining of the year it was a breeze to get it sorted. They did all the paperowrk, arrange for the assesor etc. all I did was get a quote from BM as I didn't want to use their recommended repairer. Only had to get one quote as well.

J.

I'm currently with Allianz, who I know are good from other people who've had dealings with them. That's why I'm rather dissappointed with the renewal

I take it your quote was with the remap declared, if so give greenlight a call there usually quite good with mods.
Another thing is ive never once stayed with the same company 2 years in a row as they always seem to take the **** at renewal time.

Gonna try green light, you can get a quote online. My current insurers went into seizure when i told them about the hammer map!

P.s. You know your getting old when you have to scroll down on the "date of birth" tab *groan*

Nick, what is the approx BHP "at the fly wheel" for a hammered 8p s3? I dont get all this at technical stuff ;)

i use chris knott.

got me a great deal, about £100 cheaper than my cheapest price comparison website quote.

Nick, what is the approx BHP "at the fly wheel" for a hammered 8p s3? I dont get all this at technical stuff ;)
Er, 260?! Strange how there are times when we are happy to underquote!

If it's your renewal, try calling them as a new customer.

I arranged my insurance with Zurich online a few years ago and always paid the renewal price. However, this year, I went back online to check my renewal figure and quoted as a new customer and it worked out to be in the region of 25% cheaper.

Try Swiftcover matey, fantastic system & no paperwork, all online, ****** efficient & I pay £400 full comp with 8 points (which now gone), 34 & 3 years ncb, but just ease of use swung me amazing service & price just made even better, even when I swapped cars for literally an hour for tax disc as was selling car which wasnt taxed at time, I went online & within 5 minutes swapped insurance & got tax disc then swapped back to new car & insurance straight away, couldnt beleive how damn easy it was & all perfectly legal.

Full NCB, 34yrs, 57 Plate S3, 3 points (SP30). Me and wife, based on 10K miles per year.

£390 with Autodirect, via Confused.com

Most years insure via confused.com.

Have also used Adrian Flux in the past excellent service, shame I got a wacky renewal quote this year £980 !!!!:wtf:

good luck
Paul

I'm with Elephant on my 8L S3. Previously insured me on my 1.8T Sport (tpft). To up the policy to fully comp on an S3 (at 21 years of age) was only an additional £240 - I couldn't believe it!

I was paying £518 on the last car, so i'm only paying some £770 on the S3?! Not bad for 21. :)

£300 for a New A4 S line TDi for me, my girlfriend and brother, fully comp with protection. insurance company is Admiral. 10+ years NCB

Norwich Union for me.... paying a bit but the cheapest I could find even using confused.com

Pedro

HIC with Royal Sunalliance as the insurer, 16k per year all mods decleared including some that arn't fitted yet with business cover £380, was £340 without mods.

I use joanna lumley...

I called a company called Peart tho when I first got the car and they wanted to know my history. As I hadnt had a comparable **** of a shovel car they told me to ring back next year... said they'd be pretty competitive to my current quote.

I sued Joanna Last year, but they put my renewal up by a shedload this year (and didn't send me my renewal in the process!!), so moved on to Bell this year.
Very competitive even with all mod's declared!!!

£390 with Autodirect, via Confused.com

Most years insure via confused.com.

I heard Confused.com is owned by Admiral, who also own Elephant; which kind of makes sense as they always seem to be two of the cheapest results. They're trying to come across as a consumer tool for finding cheap insurance but really it's a marketing ploy to sell their own. Legal too.

Moneysupermarket, to a lesser extent, does the same thing. The advice isn't exactly impartial.

Having said that, I always find Admiral to be good value initially, but then not so good when it comes to renewing. I have just changed to Privilege and am paying £550 with girlfriend and father on the insurance. (He never drives it but just by putting him on the premium dropped 200 quid!)

When I come to renew next year I'll probably go back to Admiral. THey're good at winning new business, not so great at keeping it in my experience.

When I come to renew next year I'll probably go back to Admiral. THey're good at winning new business, not so great at keeping it in my experience.

Yeah fecking right on the button mate, Admiral are fecking **** at renewals, wouldnt even budge lower for renewal for me with no claims through year & lesser points, premium went up for no reason & just wouldnt budge, went somewhere else & saved absolute fortune.

Worst IMHO is DirectLine, never will I return to them, complete *********.

A good friend of mine works at Towergate ... he guarentees to beat any online quote, which he did for me ...! plus he can take company car use into consideration ....

if anyone wants his info FEEL FREE TO PM ME