Badger5Volks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Insurance - who do you use?

Got my renewal notice a couple of days ago which surprised me a little as it's gone up to Ł650!

I'm 37, full NCB, clean licence and one non fault accident 3 years ago. Had a quick look at confused.com and got quotes that ranged from Ł300 to Ł800.

Just wondered who you guys had used in the past and if you'd claimed, how good they were at paying out

Cheers
    2007 Silver S3 - DVD SatNav, MFBSW, Bose, GSM Bluetooth Phone prep, privacy glass, cruise control, lighting and rain sensor pack, piano inlays, GIAC Hammer map

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    My best quote for my renewal is from esure so i'll be using them. plus if you go through quidco you can apparantly get Ł75 cash back.

Status
    I just use confused.com and gocompare.co.uk to get my quotes. I'm currently through allianz, for my accident at the begining of the year it was a breeze to get it sorted. They did all the paperowrk, arrange for the assesor etc. all I did was get a quote from BM as I didn't want to use their recommended repairer. Only had to get one quote as well.

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Neutral

Status
    I'm currently with Allianz, who I know are good from other people who've had dealings with them. That's why I'm rather dissappointed with the renewal
    2007 Silver S3 - DVD SatNav, MFBSW, Bose, GSM Bluetooth Phone prep, privacy glass, cruise control, lighting and rain sensor pack, piano inlays, GIAC Hammer map

1st Gear

Status
    I take it your quote was with the remap declared, if so give greenlight a call there usually quite good with mods.
    Another thing is ive never once stayed with the same company 2 years in a row as they always seem to take the piss at renewal time.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by block View Post
    I take it your quote was with the remap declared
    Didn't make that much difference when I declared it TBH (I told them it was an economy thing!)

L60N
    Gonna try green light, you can get a quote online. My current insurers went into seizure when i told them about the hammer map!

P.s. You know your getting old when you have to scroll down on the "date of birth" tab *groan*

L60N
    Nick, what is the approx BHP "at the fly wheel" for a hammered 8p s3? I dont get all this at technical stuff

1st Gear

Status
    Myself !!!!

Try my company ill sort a good deal for all the Audi Sport Net Members
    01902 829190 or www.carinsurance4u.co.uk

2007 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 Tdi (170) DPF, S-Line,DSG S-Tronic, Akoyo Silver, 18"Alloys Audi RS4 Design, RNS-E 2007 TMC, Rear Parking Sensors,Bose Sound System,6 CD Changer,Black Leather Sport Seats,Auto Folding Mirrors,Tyre Pressure Sys,+ More....

1st Gear

Status
    i use chris knott.

got me a great deal, about Ł100 cheaper than my cheapest price comparison website quote.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    Nick, what is the approx BHP "at the fly wheel" for a hammered 8p s3? I dont get all this at technical stuff
    Er, 260?! Strange how there are times when we are happy to underquote!

2nd Gear

Status
    If it's your renewal, try calling them as a new customer.

I arranged my insurance with Zurich online a few years ago and always paid the renewal price. However, this year, I went back online to check my renewal figure and quoted as a new customer and it worked out to be in the region of 25% cheaper.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Try Swiftcover matey, fantastic system & no paperwork, all online, bloody efficient & I pay Ł400 full comp with 8 points (which now gone), 34 & 3 years ncb, but just ease of use swung me amazing service & price just made even better, even when I swapped cars for literally an hour for tax disc as was selling car which wasnt taxed at time, I went online & within 5 minutes swapped insurance & got tax disc then swapped back to new car & insurance straight away, couldnt beleive how damn easy it was & all perfectly legal.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

S3 (8P)

Status
    Full NCB, 34yrs, 57 Plate S3, 3 points (SP30). Me and wife, based on 10K miles per year.

Ł390 with Autodirect, via Confused.com

Most years insure via confused.com.

Have also used Adrian Flux in the past excellent service, shame I got a wacky renewal quote this year Ł980 !!!!

good luck
    Paul

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Jimmeh on Facebook
    I'm with Elephant on my 8L S3. Previously insured me on my 1.8T Sport (tpft). To up the policy to fully comp on an S3 (at 21 years of age) was only an additional Ł240 - I couldn't believe it!

I was paying Ł518 on the last car, so i'm only paying some Ł770 on the S3?! Not bad for 21.
    Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDi 130 Quattro Sport.
    WhiteDetails.co.uk - Facebook? Follow me!

Neutral

Status
    Ł300 for a New A4 S line TDi for me, my girlfriend and brother, fully comp with protection. insurance company is Admiral. 10+ years NCB

windsurfer

Status
    Norwich Union for me.... paying a bit but the cheapest I could find even using confused.com

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around Ł19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

I cant spell !

Status
    I use A Plan 01635 874646

Richard
    MY12 Black edition TT Roadster with a tractor engine !

5th Gear

Status
    HIC with Royal Sunalliance as the insurer, 16k per year all mods decleared including some that arn't fitted yet with business cover Ł380, was Ł340 without mods.
    Gone A3 TDi S Line DSG Bluefined

Now Seat Leon Cupra about to be Bluefined

Not anymore - Back 2 BMW (shh)

Status
    Try Morethan

6th Gear

Status
    I use joanna lumley...

I called a company called Peart tho when I first got the car and they wanted to know my history. As I hadnt had a comparable **** of a shovel car they told me to ring back next year... said they'd be pretty competitive to my current quote.

jamiekip
    I sued Joanna Last year, but they put my renewal up by a shedload this year (and didn't send me my renewal in the process!!), so moved on to Bell this year.
    Very competitive even with all mod's declared!!!

R8GGA

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulAr View Post
    Ł390 with Autodirect, via Confused.com

Most years insure via confused.com.
    I heard Confused.com is owned by Admiral, who also own Elephant; which kind of makes sense as they always seem to be two of the cheapest results. They're trying to come across as a consumer tool for finding cheap insurance but really it's a marketing ploy to sell their own. Legal too.

Moneysupermarket, to a lesser extent, does the same thing. The advice isn't exactly impartial.

Having said that, I always find Admiral to be good value initially, but then not so good when it comes to renewing. I have just changed to Privilege and am paying Ł550 with girlfriend and father on the insurance. (He never drives it but just by putting him on the premium dropped 200 quid!)

When I come to renew next year I'll probably go back to Admiral. THey're good at winning new business, not so great at keeping it in my experience.
    awesome cars; both gone now though
    2004 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line DSG inAvus Silver, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, 18" RS4's, Bose, Tints
    2008 S3 3Dr, GIAC HAMMER, Phantom Black, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, FBMFSW, Optics, Privacy, Ipod, Rear Sensors, Armrest
    Weekend / Summer:
    2002 Ferrari 360 Modena, Nurburgring Silver, Bordeaux leather
    2006 BMW M6

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus911 View Post

When I come to renew next year I'll probably go back to Admiral. THey're good at winning new business, not so great at keeping it in my experience.
    Yeah fecking right on the button mate, Admiral are fecking **** at renewals, wouldnt even budge lower for renewal for me with no claims through year & lesser points, premium went up for no reason & just wouldnt budge, went somewhere else & saved absolute fortune.

Worst IMHO is DirectLine, never will I return to them, complete arseholes.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

RS3 Wannabe

Status
    A good friend of mine works at Towergate ... he guarentees to beat any online quote, which he did for me ...! plus he can take company car use into consideration ....

if anyone wants his info FEEL FREE TO PM ME
    Last edited by 4real; 14th August 2008 at 16:28.