DIS and other things

tdz840

Reaction score
I have a 2005 A2 2.0tdi SE Sportback and would like to retrofit DIS. Whats involved, the likely cost and the best place to get the parts? Has anyone produced an aide memoire?
Also whats involved with retrofitting the RNE nav/radio thingy. Whats the typical retrofit costs and again has anyone experience??
Thanks in advance
Russ

DIS retofit has been discussed many times. Not worth doing, far too much work involved.
RNS-E retrofit is easy enough if you have a double din radio unit. If you only have the single player then it is trickier and more parts are needed (hazard switch etc + cutting down your climate control unit either side).
The RNS-E is typically worth between £500-£600. Just sold mine for £500.

Ross Tech show a coding change for the addition of the on-board computer. If you have the full height display already then maybe you could just add the new wiper stalk and re-code it to enable it? It certainly works on the A4.

audi garage in blackburn wouldnt even consider it when i asked about the DIS retrofit, despite being told when i bought it that any retro fit is possible at a later date.

Audi dealers will usually only attempt jobs that are officially sanctioned by Audi themselves for warranty reasons. Eg they will fit cruise as there is an official 'kit' for doing the job but most wont fit an RNS-E as there is no official Audi kit or procedure.

Thanks guys for all your inputs - V helpful!
Like the idea of the wiper stalk change (I have a full height display) and a recode that sounds simple and easy. Anyone attempted this on a 2005 or later A3?
I currently have a concert single DIN unit so would involve a double dIN cage. Is the RNS-E a useful addition; what extras does it provide?
Cheers
Russ