ETKA help anyone? Managed to scratch some trim...

Beddie

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone with access to ETKA would be able to find out a part number please?
Somehow managed to pick up a pretty long and deep scratch to the top of the right hand side grab handle/console thingy, nothing too earth shattering i know, but it's bugging the life out of me every time i see it lol! :crying:
Anyone know whether you can get one side seperately or is it a complete unit?, the part number and any pointers on how to remove the thing would be greatly appreciated :icon_thumright:

Cheers

Have a look at this... centre console

I assume we are talking about item number 17. If you can confirm this I will have a look at the electronic workshop manual to see what it says about removing and re-fitting this item.

Item number 17 is indeed the one Dave, thanks mate! :icon_thumright:

I've had mine out to remove the ashtray, replacing it with the storage part. IIRC, pull up the trim round the gear changer (not sure about DSG) this will let you see two torx, remove the side you need, then there is an allen key under the part you want to change. The instructions are part of the fitting a double din cage for fitting the RNS-E.

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=2717253

Sorry to hijack but can someone get me the part no for the pop out coin tray one on the centre console - managed to get a scratch on it - (actually the misses scratched it with her heels ages ago !)

Does anyone know how to replace it as well ?

Cheers

Richard

...actually the misses scratched it with her heels ages ago...

I'm guessing you don't want us to ask you how she managed to scratch the coin drawer in the middle of the dash with her high heels?

so..... how come your missus managed to scratch the coin drawer in the middle of the dash with her high heels?

Sounds interesting. Any photos!!!

Sounds interesting. Any photos!!!

White%20Thigh%20High%20PU%204%20stiletto%20Boots.jpg

:p

lol wonder if I get her some strippers / whores heels like that she would wear them ?
mm will have to ask her tonight.

Erm it got scratched when she moved from the drivers seat to the passengers seat without getting out ! Lets say the car got christened that night !

ps thanks for the part nos and the technical description of how to remove it !
Richard

Are the part numbers for the grab handles on a MY2011 still ...

8P0 880 492 B - right
8P0 880 491 B - left

Thx.