Oh god..

Well its certainly eye catching, I can see the appeal but its not for me. I dont think the MK5 is ready for the `Euro look` just yet.

Like most new gen hatches, the Mk5 is bit of a fatty and those rims look a bit lost under the car.

The body mods are nicely tastful and the coded ED30 kit vastly improves the car in that grey colour. Not keen on the white/purple combo car, the red grill trim is too steeped in tradition to be messed about with.

Im a huge fan of the MK5 and reckon a nicely polished example in red/shadow blue/black/candy with MONZA2s takes some beating for looks.

cheers
Paul

Didn't the BTCC Sierra RS500 Cosworths use the same style wheels back in the eighties?

Yep.

He's not disappeared though.

Theres an S3 section over in tt-talk.com, he's lurking in there too with a few of us :)

Im a huge fan of the MK5 and reckon a nicely polished example in red/shadow blue/black/candy with MONZA2s takes some beating for looks

Absolutely, when I had mine I had the 18"'s on it which were an awesome factory upgrade for very little money, totally made the car, the 17"'s look daft and Im not really a fan of the Ed30 wheels, they make the car look a bit complicated imo.

Euro and US styling is totally different to ours (unless its a proper chavvy effort) what we consider OTT isnt the same as theirs, likewise I think our mods would be considered quite boring elsewhere.