Monster MotorsportBadger5
    Low life livin' the high life.

Status

Average cost of a wheel refurb??

Alright chaps....

Had a rather unfortunate run-in with a white van man this weekend. I was approaching a very tight, blind corner in a local village when a transit came around the corner at speed in the middle of the road. My only route, unfortunately was into the curb. As a result i've got a nice 6/7 inch curb mark where i've dragged the wheel along the curb. It's not deep but it's still a bit of an eyesore so it needs sorting...

If any of you have had wheels refurbed, how much did it cost and what should i expect to pay? Also, is it usually a quick job?

Excuse my ignorance but i've never had a wheel refurbed so don't wish to pay over the odds!

Thanks in advance.

Paul.
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Prices vary, I was quoted around 50 for a 17" alloy and 130 for my current 18" split rims. I would forget about the price and go for a good repair, there are several good places but it depends on where you are.
    Gone A3 TDi S Line DSG Bluefined

Now Seat Leon Cupra about to be Bluefined

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah around 50 for a standard alloy (Not split rim).

Normally they will have it for a day.
    2008 S3 in Ibis White

291BHP! STANDARD on 95ron Fuel. Get In.
    All Hail Mitch78

5th Gear

Status
    I'm not sure that Audi will give you the paint code so you will probably end up with a different colour wheel to the rest which is nice
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

Low life livin' the high life.

Status
    There are a couple of guys locally who are meant to be quite good so i'll give them a ring.

The RS6's are made by Ronal aren't they....Wouldn't Ronal have the standard paint code for the wheels?
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

Status
    I've used these guys before near Hemel Hempstead (http://www.wheelrefurbishing.com) who did an excellent job on my 16" SE wheel a couple of years back, and the same company also refurbed a 17" set from a mate's E36 M3. Again, it's around 50 a wheel (back in 2006 I paid 39 I recall). They have lots of different finish options if you wanted a change.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

Neutral

Status
    THESE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN RECOMENDED TO ME BY SOME ONE IN THE TRADE WHO COMMENTED THEY DO A VERY GOOD JOB

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PNH80 View Post
    There are a couple of guys locally who are meant to be quite good so i'll give them a ring.

The RS6's are made by Ronal aren't they....Wouldn't Ronal have the standard paint code for the wheels?
    Nope when I had Audi refurbed the wheel on my S-line and it came back the wrong shade of silver. I e-mailed Ronal for the correct paint code and they cant release it due to the contract with Audi. My dealer couldnt get it for me either so I ended up buying a new wheel.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

Status
    There's a Skoda silver paint colour that is a pretty good colour match. So unless the wheels are actually side by side you can't tell.

I have used whickedwheels in the past and they've done a brilliant job of refurbing a BBS CH rim off my r32. Cost was dependent on the requirement for a Vat receipt...

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten