Confirmation/build process

DeckedS3

Reaction score
I ordered my S3 6 weeks ago now and still haven’t had a confirmation date.... Is this normal?
Does anyone know how the production line works? Are they built in colours, models or spec levels?
Once you get a build date, how long does it normally take the car to get into the UK?

Thanks

You maybe caught in the delays now Audi have recently sent letters to dealers saying there are delays on S3 if you ordered one now you wouldnt get it till around Feb...I would check it out with your dealer

I'm finding these supposed delays a bit strange as my S3 Sportback was ordered 24th July, but has been confirmed as build week 35, with delivery estimated to be 16th September. Maybe it's because I'm having a Sportback.

When i originally placed my order for my S3 i waiting 9 weeks and still hadnt got a build date let alone a delivery date. Needless to say i cancelled my order and negotiated a good deal on one that was in the process of being finished. It has since come to light that i would still be waiting as my car was one of those that was damaged in the bad weather and i ordered back in February.

Well, I've spoken to my dealer (Audi Dealer :drag:) and it looks like i'm ok. It's still not confirmed but there is no reason why mine would have any serious delays. It may have a slight delay, but we are looking mid October..... I can live with that.

Funny thing is I just spoke to the dealer too after reading this. He confirmed there had been problems but it did not effect any new builds. Actually checked the progress report for my car and said it was booked for week 41, but not confirmed. We will wait and see.

I also have not heard of any delays and I think the hail storm has been blown (sorry for the pun) a bit out of proportion.

I ordered mine on 19/05/08 and it started getting built today, it was only pushed back one week from the point of ordering.

You should get a build week within 2 weeks of ordering and once the build week is confirmed then it will NOT budge and the car will be built this week. My wek was confirmed last week.

Not heard anything about letters getting sent out, sure it not just the demand for the car now and this is a excuse??

I also have not heard of any delays and I think the hail storm has been blown (sorry for the pun) a bit out of proportion.

Im not so sure, 10,000 VW's were damaged and iirc 1,000+ Audi's. Anyone who has ordered in the last month or so shouldnt have any problems and even if you ordered your car months ago it doesnt mean it was caught in the storm.