RNS-e video help

maars

Full speed ahead
Reaction score
Is there any way to get S-Video (rather than Composite Video) into the RNS-e?

Perfect! Thanks for finding that. Worth a try...

If your reason for wanting to use svideo was for the better quality, I reckon you'll lose said quality using such a connector.

If your reason for wanting to use svideo was for the better quality, I reckon you'll lose said quality using such a connector.

I doubt that's his reason mate. I'm sure he probably just has a device with S-video out.

Like a laptop maybe.

I'll tell you what it's for...
I've bought a DLO Homedock Deluxe. The output is very average on Composite Video and much better on S-Video.
I intend to install it on my RNS-e using a Kufatec IMA Basic Plus. Kufatec have emailed me and can't make a lead to go S-Video into the IMA.
But maybe I won't notice the picture quality difference on such a small screen? Although a few of the Americans who have done this mod have commented that the text on the screen looks blurry when running Composite Video.

Aha, well you're going to lose a lot of quality by converting it mate. I wouldn't bother!

You can't upscale a composite source by converting it from s-video.

Ahh, but I'm downscaling S-Video from the DLO to Composite into the IMA+ with that little Amazon adaptor. Although I'm sure it won't be any better than straight Composite....worth a try for £4!

It will very likely be worse mate. But worth a try as you say.