EM TuningJMB Retrofits
    1st Gear

Status

Audi Driver Magazine

Someone has told me there is a article in Audi Driver Magazine about issues with the 2.0TFSi engine does anyone have the article?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    is that the current issue ? I think there is a page on something.
    Gone A3 TDi S Line DSG Bluefined

Now Seat Leon Cupra about to be Bluefined

1st Gear

Status
    Yes it is I was womdering what the whole article says as not stocked in my local newsagents....I haven't heard of anyone mentioning here with any issues though.

5th Gear

Status
    I have it I think; I'll go check - not sure if scanning is allowed?, anyone know?
    Porsche 997 Carrera 4 S - Black, Sport Chrono, Sport seats, PCM, Nav, Tel, Park assist and rear wiper (Yes!, its an option!)
    2012 Audi Q7 Sline Plus - Daytona Grey ,Nav+, Wheel upgrade, Storage and tow pack.

Gone -2007 S5 4.2 ,2008 S3, 2007 TTC 3.2, 2007 RS4 Saloon, 2004 S4 Saloon, 2006 A4 2.0T Sline SE,2002 A3 3.2 Sline, 2001 A4 1.8T,2001 Boxster, 1983 911SC,1992 Corrado G60,1988 GTi.

(Vag com owner)

6th Gear

Status

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by The911SC View Post
    I have it I think; I'll go check - not sure if scanning is allowed?, anyone know?
    why wouldn't scanning be allowed?

if you do have the article you could pm the scanned copy to people like myself.............

Quote Originally Posted by RobinA3 View Post
    why wouldn't scanning be allowed?

if you do have the article you could pm the scanned copy to people like myself.............
    Copyright! There is a clause at the begining of the magazine which reads...
    "Copyright for all materials published in this magazine remains with AutoMetrix Publications and it's agents. All rights of translation and reproduction reserved."

If you give them a ring on 01525 750500 I'm sure they will arrange to send you a copy of the current magazine.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Copyright! There is a clause at the begining of the magazine which reads...
    "Copyright for all materials published in this magazine remains with AutoMetrix Publications and it's agents. All rights of translation and reproduction reserved."

If you give them a ring on 01525 750500 I'm sure they will arrange to send you a copy of the current magazine.
    Could you summarise please what it says was wondering whether it was about the current engine & whether its related to the sudden delays on the 2Litre engine

5th Gear

Status
    I'll have a look
    Gone A3 TDi S Line DSG Bluefined

Now Seat Leon Cupra about to be Bluefined

1st Gear

Status
    Right got the mag it is to do with all TFSI fuel pumps there is a whole page on this but basically saying you should make sure the follower is checked on every service.

If the follower gets badly worn it can damage the cam & pump they say have seen badly worn ones on low mileage cars....can first notice it from a rattle within the pump.

So basically best to get it checked at every service otherwise could be very costly if not under warranty. The follower is easy & not expensive to replace if required.

I suggest you buy the mag if you need more details quite interesting.
    Last edited by Dave1000; 11th August 2008 at 13:28.

6th Gear

Status
    Good job the facelift 2.0TFSI units have a uprated one then!
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

1st Gear

Status
    Wont audi check this themselves at service if its becoming a known problem, or even carry out a recall and replace them all with something more substantial.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by block View Post
    Wont audi check this themselves at service if its becoming a known problem, or even carry out a recall and replace them all with something more substantial.
    You would certainly hope so!
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

1st Gear

Status
    I think the issue is it will always wear there is no actual fix expect keep getting checked at every service & replace when necessary I am suprised this has not been mentioned before Audi should add this as part of the service as its a known problem but they dont so you have to ask them to check it.

Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Status
    My car is in Audi today, I asked about this and they were clueless, so maybe it has not got to the dealers yet!
    Phantom Black, Revo, 450+ BHP , Milltek Evom's, Autotech fuel pump, RS4 brakes 18" Pro Race 1.2 team Dynamics, H&R ARB's, Bilstein PSS10's, Forge Twintercooler, GT3071R, RS4 Injectors, Helix racing clutch, Custom downpipe de-catted straight pipe to back box, 12.6second 1/4 mile! 4.03 sec's 0-60 This isnt just any car, this, THIS WAS the Stealth Beast!!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO
    http://www.andyoram.co.uk