New member, quick question regarding ordering

SuperWhiteS3

Reaction score
New member firstly saying hello!

Secondly, I am in the process of placing an order for a facelft S3 with my local dealer. However, I have been told if I place my order within the week I can expect to take their alleged soonest build slot with delivery in January. From reading other threads this strikes me as a lengthy lead time or am I wrong?

Finally, after being told no discount on S3s and subsequent haggling I was given a discount of £400 off a very high spec (circa 32k). Should I be shopping round or is this reasonable?

Secondly, I am in the process of placing an order for a facelft S3 with my local dealer. However, I have been told if I place my order within the week I can expect to take their alleged soonest build slot with delivery in January. From reading other threads this strikes me as a lengthy lead time or am I wrong?

Finally, after being told no discount on S3s and subsequent haggling I was given a discount of £400 off a very high spec (circa 32k). Should I be shopping round or is this reasonable?
Welcome.......

I am too in the process of placing a order I have been looking for a while delivery times have been put back to Jan/Feb that is correct as there has been communication from Audi about delays so that is all genuine. I am personally going for a Mar 09 as its more likely to be late Jan/Feb may as well wait & get a 09 reg.

As for discount I dont know your location but expect around 8% off....£400 is rubbish I have a order here to sign with a saving of £2500 shop around I have been to quite a few Audi dealers dont let them fool you 8% is about average you will & should expect!!!!

Thats what I thought, dealer made usual claims of 'we have several parties interested in this slot' and claimed they only receive 4-5 cars a year.

Clearly location and demand has a bearing, I am Manchester area.

Thats what I thought, dealer made usual claims of 'we have several parties interested in this slot' and claimed they only receive 4-5 cars a year.

Clearly location and demand has a bearing, I am Manchester area.
I am in Essex bascially my spec came to around £29200 less discount I can have it for £26700 .....I had one dealer say the same to me we dont discount the S3 then I mention another dealer offering 8% off & guess what he could suddenly match it !!!! I would personally have it delivered for 1st of March better weather & 09 plate as you probably wouldnt get it till late Jan/Feb anyway.

Good Luck!!!!

Definately shop around. Mine on the configurator was £34K with the spec I wanted. Got mine from Northfield Audi in Tetbury for a respectable Just over £30K. Have to travel 60 miles for that, but its worth the saving. Like you my local dealer said no discount. Even when I showed him the quote from northfield he would not come down a penny...

Hi mate,

I have jusy ordered an A3, was quoted mid feb delivery date so I have said I dont want it registered til March for the 09 plate! I also got the same line when I asked for a discount.. managed to get a few things thrown in for free like service plan, bodycare... but doesnt really amount to much. Would be interesting to see if others get good discounts?

I would go to as many dealers as possible. And do some research as to who is in what group. I know that Vindis who run Bedford Audi also own another few in the same area. Don't be put off by travelling 100+ miles for a good deal. It's only £20 in fuel but you could save so much!

I bought my car tax free and the cheapest place was Brighton Audi. I had to take a £15-2 hour train journey to collect my car but for the sake of an extra grand it was pretty irrelevant!

When I purchased my current A3 I did some shopping around including on the internet and the best I was offered was 9%. I then took the quote along to my local dealer and they matched the price. So basically the best of both worlds.

I think basically what everyone is saying is that you getting £400 off is rubbish should be able to add at least £2000 to that figure been told there markup is around 14% on a S3

Which dealer in Manchester are you using ? Lancaster or SmithKnightFay ? Lancaster gave me 8% off last Aug but I was able to haggle with them on options. They can retrofit RNS-E for you for eg - costs them about £300, will offer to you for about £750 but to spec it will cost £2000. Don't always chase a cash discount - play them on the options list too.

Smith Knight Fay, I'll give Lancaster a call when I get a minute. Otherwise theres nothing to stop me placing an order at a dealer in the south east.