JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

New member, quick question regarding ordering

New member firstly saying hello!

Secondly, I am in the process of placing an order for a facelft S3 with my local dealer. However, I have been told if I place my order within the week I can expect to take their alleged soonest build slot with delivery in January. From reading other threads this strikes me as a lengthy lead time or am I wrong?

Finally, after being told no discount on S3s and subsequent haggling I was given a discount of 400 off a very high spec (circa 32k). Should I be shopping round or is this reasonable?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperWhiteS3 View Post

Secondly, I am in the process of placing an order for a facelft S3 with my local dealer. However, I have been told if I place my order within the week I can expect to take their alleged soonest build slot with delivery in January. From reading other threads this strikes me as a lengthy lead time or am I wrong?

Finally, after being told no discount on S3s and subsequent haggling I was given a discount of 400 off a very high spec (circa 32k). Should I be shopping round or is this reasonable?
    Welcome.......

I am too in the process of placing a order I have been looking for a while delivery times have been put back to Jan/Feb that is correct as there has been communication from Audi about delays so that is all genuine. I am personally going for a Mar 09 as its more likely to be late Jan/Feb may as well wait & get a 09 reg.

As for discount I dont know your location but expect around 8% off....400 is rubbish I have a order here to sign with a saving of 2500 shop around I have been to quite a few Audi dealers dont let them fool you 8% is about average you will & should expect!!!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thats what I thought, dealer made usual claims of 'we have several parties interested in this slot' and claimed they only receive 4-5 cars a year.

Clearly location and demand has a bearing, I am Manchester area.

1st Gear

Status
    Thats what I thought, dealer made usual claims of 'we have several parties interested in this slot' and claimed they only receive 4-5 cars a year.

Clearly location and demand has a bearing, I am Manchester area.
    I am in Essex bascially my spec came to around 29200 less discount I can have it for 26700 .....I had one dealer say the same to me we dont discount the S3 then I mention another dealer offering 8% off & guess what he could suddenly match it !!!! I would personally have it delivered for 1st of March better weather & 09 plate as you probably wouldnt get it till late Jan/Feb anyway.

Good Luck!!!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    May I ask which dealer in Essex offered you 8%?

1st Gear

Status
    May I ask which dealer in Essex offered you 8%?
    Tonbridge Audi is one

5th Gear

Status
    Definately shop around. Mine on the configurator was 34K with the spec I wanted. Got mine from Northfield Audi in Tetbury for a respectable Just over 30K. Have to travel 60 miles for that, but its worth the saving. Like you my local dealer said no discount. Even when I showed him the quote from northfield he would not come down a penny...
    Facelift S3, Sprint Blue, Bucket seats, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Bose, Elect Mirrors, Light and Rain, Interior Light pack, Flat Tyre Warning, GSM Phone Prep, Led upgrade, Illuminated speaker grills.

Neutral

Status

Hi mate,

I have jusy ordered an A3, was quoted mid feb delivery date so I have said I dont want it registered til March for the 09 plate! I also got the same line when I asked for a discount.. managed to get a few things thrown in for free like service plan, bodycare... but doesnt really amount to much. Would be interesting to see if others get good discounts?

is a retronaut

Status
    I would go to as many dealers as possible. And do some research as to who is in what group. I know that Vindis who run Bedford Audi also own another few in the same area. Don't be put off by travelling 100+ miles for a good deal. It's only 20 in fuel but you could save so much!

I bought my car tax free and the cheapest place was Brighton Audi. I had to take a 15-2 hour train journey to collect my car but for the sake of an extra grand it was pretty irrelevant!
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

R8GGA

Status
    I got offered 10% at Epsom Audi...
    awesome cars; both gone now though
    2004 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line DSG inAvus Silver, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, 18" RS4's, Bose, Tints
    2008 S3 3Dr, GIAC HAMMER, Phantom Black, RNS-E Sat Nav, GSM, FBMFSW, Optics, Privacy, Ipod, Rear Sensors, Armrest
    Weekend / Summer:
    2002 Ferrari 360 Modena, Nurburgring Silver, Bordeaux leather
    2006 BMW M6

When I purchased my current A3 I did some shopping around including on the internet and the best I was offered was 9%. I then took the quote along to my local dealer and they matched the price. So basically the best of both worlds.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    I think basically what everyone is saying is that you getting 400 off is rubbish should be able to add at least 2000 to that figure been told there markup is around 14% on a S3

5th Gear

Status
    Which dealer in Manchester are you using ? Lancaster or SmithKnightFay ? Lancaster gave me 8% off last Aug but I was able to haggle with them on options. They can retrofit RNS-E for you for eg - costs them about 300, will offer to you for about 750 but to spec it will cost 2000. Don't always chase a cash discount - play them on the options list too.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Smith Knight Fay, I'll give Lancaster a call when I get a minute. Otherwise theres nothing to stop me placing an order at a dealer in the south east.