Creaky Window Seals - Possible Fix

mjair

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of people talk about creaking windows seals on this forum resulting in the dealer applying a silicone gel to temporarily fix.

Thought I'd share my experience in case it helps anyone here. First time around, my dealer applied silicone to the seals but six months later, the creaks were back. I took it back to the dealer but this time I asked them to check the window alignment. What they found was that the window control unit was faulty (dealer mentioned this is very common in the A3/S3). Since replacing the unit, I've not had any creaks. Much better :)

apart from having problems wiyh electric windows, only being able to use them in manual, dealer looked at it & rest software, it still persists . constantly having to manually reset them, they also shut automatically , then open again back to half open then stop, then only work in manual.
then out of the blue i have gained a lovely creaking sound from the drivers door, i am sure it is something to do with the window alignment, but as i have no faith in any dealers ability to deal with it, they will either f**k it up or f**k it up!!!!!!!
did the dealer have to take the door apart?

I didn't ask whether they took the door apart but if they had to re-align then I would assume yes.

I should add, I also suffered the same issue with the windows going back down, manual reset etc. They'd also make a bit of noise when hitting the seals on close. That's what led me to ask about the alignment.

Window module would require the internal trim to be removed from the door.

Paul

booked it in to the dealers, fingers crossed!! the chap on the fone said that the window going back down may be to do with the window detecting some form of resistance when it shuts( i.e. thinking that perhaps something is in the window when it`s closing , therefore opening straight back up). only ever had this problem before on my Leon cupra r, but only at high speed & trying to shut the window!
:shrug: