Badger5AH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

A3 sportback inside rear lights

guys,

is there any way using VAGCOM, how to enable rear fog lights to work as brake lights?

recently I enabled them to work as parking lights (so now all 4 are lit at the same grade; about 22% dimmed). they still work as normal fog lights (100% of power), but it would be nice to have them work as brake lights too (altogether with outer lights).

any suggestions/ideas?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Before you do anything I should check out The Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations 1989 which cover the lighting of cars etc because as I understand them you are only allowed to have two stop lights plus the high level brake light. You can have multiple red rear lights but only two stop lights. I assume it's to stop you blinding the driver behind you!
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks for the note, I really didn't consider regulatory/legal side of that. Not sure about that, but normally (and as OEM fitted I guess fully legally) you have 2 high intensity stop lights + 1 high intensity rear door LED strip. That's more than two already. Some types as well (i.e. Volvo S40? Wagon uses same 2 outside lights and 2 inner lights for both parking/brake light). I don't know if it's legal here, but all these Volvos had the same configuration.

anyway, I'm not driving within the UK, so maybe I should check some local regulation to avoid problems.

I was just curious if there is a simple way to switch them (VAGCOM only, without re-wiring them). I found the parking light enabling option on a German forum and it was quite popular there, so I guess they took care about legal side of the thing too.

PS: just some more types with 4 rear lights enabled: Audi Q7, A6 wagon/alroad, new Seat Leon? and for sure a lot more
    Last edited by ferepe; 12th August 2008 at 20:30.