Maybe buying an A3 from Audi - £500 deposit required??

Shaq12

Drive it like its hot!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just after a quick opinion/experiences with buying a used Audi from the Stealership!

Seen a good spec'd A3 at a main dealers, it is a few miles from home and as such won't be able to see it until early next week. The sales guy said that if I put a fully refundable £500 deposit down they would hold the car until I come to look at it. He is not the first Audi sales guy to say this so it seems standard practice etc Just wondered if any of you have done this or had any experiences of this??

Cheers
C

Thought as much.

I take it is is fully no quibble refundable etc???

I mean its Audi UK how bad can it be ~opens can of worms~ ...lol

Cheers
C

I had to put a deposit on my car in that region too!

Think its a common thing.

I wouldn't bother as they probably won't sell in in a week anyway!

As has already been said Chris, standard practice. MB wanted a couple of grand from me to hold Claire's car. Just proves your not messing around.

J.

Cheers J and others.

Figured as much but just thought best to check....

C

His original thread says it is a few miles from home, and that he won't get to view it next week, so sounds like it isn't local.

Anyway you'd only break it :sob:

Paul

I took few miles from home meaning local to us. Not being able to view it = he's seeing his young lad this weekend ;)

See I'm clever me.

J.

I took few miles from home meaning local to us. Not being able to view it = he's seeing his young lad this weekend ;)

See I'm clever me.

J.
IYHO not clever enough to get those stereo keys back to me :haha:

Didn't realise he was an absent father.

Ok for Lad replace with Lady....

I think if Chris reads this and finds out he's a father it may be a bit of a shock for him...

J.

Ok for Lad replace with Lady....

I think if Chris reads this and finds out he's a father it may be a bit of a shock for him...

J.
It's wasn't me you can't proove a thing!!!

Well the deposit has been put down :eyebrows:

J is right I am away this weekend in (hopefully) sunny Gloucester playing volleyball and the car is in Brighton! So not on the doorstep but ALOT closer than most I have seen advertsied etc Hopefully going to see it on Monday night :racer:

Cheers
C

chris i think you have travelled all over UK for an A3!! You sure on red then now? hmm? hmm?! LOL

When i saw my car on the website on Audi i rang the dealer and put £500 deposit on it over the phone subject to viewing, meaning if the car wasn't as described i could have the £500 back.

If you've seen it online, you should be covered by the distance selling cooling off period.

Well no need to try and get the £500 off as I've decided to hand them a load more reddies and take the car off their hands....lol

Cheers
C

Excellent news Chris.

Guess we will be seeing a bit more of you here then :icon_thumright:

Paul