Audi Finance?

But the people the banks are offering to up the creidt for are the ones paying of the minimum each month. So thats good business for them. Students are also at the start of their working carear so in theory are good customers to get.

In later years when they want loans (to pay off credit cards probably) mortgages the changes are they will stick to the same bank that helped them through the lean years.

I'm nost saying it's morally right. But it is good business.

All business target the people that are going to make them money.

J.

So it's fair that banks target people who they know owe more on credit cards than they actually earn?

But how does the bank / credit card company know that?
I've never had to produce proof of earnings for a bank loan/credit card.
I just fill in a box that asks how much I earn.
The only time I have to prove my earnings is for a mortgage.

But how does the bank / credit card company know that?
I've never had to produce proof of earnings for a bank loan/credit card.
I just fill in a box that asks how much I earn.
The only time I have to prove my earnings is for a mortgage.

Valid point.

But the people the banks are offering to up the creidt for are the ones paying of the minimum each month. So thats good business for them. Students are also at the start of their working carear so in theory are good customers to get.

In later years when they want loans (to pay off credit cards probably) mortgages the changes are they will stick to the same bank that helped them through the lean years.

I'm nost saying it's morally right. But it is good business.

All business target the people that are going to make them money.

J.

I don't disagree at all in what you're saying, there are 2 sides to every story!

All i'd say is that lending to people who can't pay back isn't good business. You only have to look at what's happened in America to see that. There is a line though....I understand banks are obviously going to lend to people who want/need to borrow but not if it means dropping the rest of us in the shizzle economically.