OT: TT TDi... seen one!!

newbiecrg

windsurfer
Reaction score
Just an off topic but just saw a TT TDi... it is starting now, downpuring a fine motor... it will be ubiquitous in no time! Shame Audi! But money is more important than niche market! TT to the masses!

Pedro

I saw one yesterday, although I think its a great idea. I would love a nice diesel coupe as I cover enough miles not to look at petrol and a diesel tt would suit me fine. its quite quick too !

I'd hardly call the TT a niche market. They are common as muck all over the UK.

Even the R8 isn't that exclusive. Aberdeen Audi have sold 30+!

I would buy a derv TT no bother - you would get a proper slaggin but hey....white tt, 19" BBS CH.....yes please :)

I'd hardly call the TT a niche market. They are common as muck all over the UK.

Even the R8 isn't that exclusive. Aberdeen Audi have sold 30+!

I'd love to know what Porsche's Carrera sales figures are since the launch of the R8. They've got to have taken a battering...Surely??
Maybe it explains the Porsche take-over... Make the next generation of both cars different enough so to not conflict in the marketplace? Who knows...

The derv TT is just a tell tale sign of the current economic climate. People want nice sporty cars without nice sporty running costs... Fair enough i suppose!

I'd love to know what Porsche's Carrera sales figures are since the launch of the R8. They've got to have taken a battering...Surely??

There was an article in the Telegrpah on Sunday, showing how Aberdeen appears to be booming, when the rest of the UK is suffering.
It stated that the local Porsche dealer has recorded record sales.
So if you treat Aberdeen as a microcosm of the UK, Porsche don't appear to be losing any sales to the R8.

There was an article in the Telegrpah on Sunday, showing how Aberdeen appears to be booming, when the rest of the UK is suffering.
It stated that the local Porsche dealer has recorded record sales.
So if you treat Aberdeen as a microcosm of the UK, Porsche don't appear to be losing any sales to the R8.

That's genuinely quite interesting.... What particular sector is booming in Aberdeen?

I wouldn't say that is a reflection of Porsche sales world wide though. The Carrera was the only sports car in that price bracket with the German prestige pedigree. When the R8 came into the market place it must have taken sales away from Porsche. Even if 1 in every 10 potential buyers went for an R8 instead...Thats a 10% downturn. I understand that Porsche have a very loyal fanbase though who wouldn't touch an R8.

I actually think the Carrera is a cool car again since the R8 came along. Most of the '*****' as Top Gear would call them and professional footballers seem to favour the R8 nowadays don't they.

That's genuinely quite interesting.... What particular sector is booming in Aberdeen?

The only sector there is.........OIL.:)
Here's a link to the article.
I must say, it paints a picture of a different Aberdeen from the one I see.
I see a stagnant housing market, quiet pubs, quiet restaurants and shops full of money-off sales.
Just like the rest of the UK.
Weird.:sadlike:

Edit, reading it again it doesn't specifically mention Porsche sales are booming, just "sports cars", my bad.:sorry:

Saw one on the way to meet Jonny C the other week.

Had a little blast with the guy driving.