Soon to place an order but undecided on colour, pics wanted please..

WolvesPhil

Reaction score
Hi,

I have read these forums for a while but this is my first post. I am placing an order for my S-Line 2.0 TDI 170 A3 on Friday but as yet still undecided on colour. I have two that I like but wondered if anyone could post some pics for me to look at to get a better idea...

The two colours are Aruba Blue and Ibis White. Also whats the S-Line exclusive Blue like, it looks very pale in the brochure and my dealers dont have in stock....

Thanks in advance

It might be worth looking in this thread:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=21390

There maybe a few Ibis white cars in there, but obviously the old model only.

Have a look here as well, as it might give you an idea of what to expect:
http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/new_cars/a3/a3/design_features/360exteriorview.html

Is there an S line exclusive blue? I thought Misano red and Monza silver were the only S line exclusive colours.

BTW, have a look at the this facelift A3 Sportback I saw the other week. Looks like Aruba blue, but could well be Glass blue, really not sure:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showpost.php?p=580785&postcount=6

Sorry my bad yes its an exclusive silver but looked bluey on some shots I saw but they were very small pics...

Will check those threads out thanks...

Can't believe I am having so much trouble deciding on the colour as the rest of it is all specced out...

Also thanks for the link to the 360 degree view, hadnt noticed that when been looking on the audi site..

I had the same problem - couldn't decide between black or white.

If I had to choose again it would be missano red for me or possibly silver

IMO the Ibis White is the one to go for, but it is a very fashionable colour so I don't know what it will do for re-sale value or desirability in the future. If you are not bothered about the money stuff go for Ibis and then get satin black wheels!

Steve, Why do you mention in your signature about removing BOSE?

Some people dont like it and think its crap so they remove it and fit a aftermarket set up.

For me I think its ok and sounds quite good.

I woiuld stay away from white personally, yes it looks great but I can just se when the time comes to trade the dealer using the excuse that its a hard colour to sell on (who says it will be fashionable in a couple of years?) and giving you less money for it.

The exact same thing happened to Imola Yellow and Absolute Red on the previous generation S3's

Just been to a different dealers as they carry more stock of cars so more colours to look at...have come away really liking the Deep Sea Blue as the small sample in the brochure doesnt do this colour justice.

I have been thinking the same about White, although it looks the best imo I have to sensibly think about resale / trade in the future.

If the Absolute Red depreciated quickly is the same likely to happen with the Misano Red as that looks very striking...

If I was buying again it would be Misano Red or Monza Silver. I do like black but just fancy a change as have had a couple of black cars now

I can't find a Monza Silver in any of the dealers round here to look at it.

I do like black but I see a lot of black or grey A3's around.

yeah, dont get white... keep us 'exclusive'! ;)

You seen the Venetian purple??

Black all day, more difficult to keep clean but definitely looks the best

Is the Venetian Purple one of the Audi Exclusive colours as they are a bit too pricey...

I really do like the White but I can't decide...the Missano Red was really nice but until today I have never liked red cars...

Whites coming back in but how long is it going to be in for....

I've owned Black cars all my life and love them....Hard to keep clean but i think its worth it. A bucket and sponge once a week does the trick for me :D

But if i were to buy a new car now, it would have to be black (with red leather :p). Its a mean and aggressive colour and everyone will like it.

With white, its a bit marmite and im not keen on the blue (unless its the one the RS4/ S3 come in)

My recommendation - Black

Hope this helps

Thanks for the advice, yeah the Sprint Blue that the S3 / TT-S come in is pretty nice. Shame thats not an option. I am leaning more towards the Deep Sea Blue as it looks black(ish) from a distance but Bluer when nearer...

Almost time to order....make my mind up time!

Heres a pic I have found of the Deep Sea Blue... http://kryzak.smugmug.com/photos/118007733-L.jpg

yeah that blues not bad... not seen that before. The venitian is an audi exclusive yeah, seems to be popular with the dealers at the moment!

I'd get Phantom black or Misano red.

Does anyone else think that white only looks good on sporty looking cars?

I have seen a '08 Ford Ka in white and it looked just like white used to look years ago ie *****. And it's not just the shade of the colour. Whilst in Audi Osnabruck the other day we looked at a white TT-S then a white A3 facelift. We stood in a position where we could see both at the same time and the A3 looked cheap whilst the TT-S still looked great!

Be careful with Audi pearl colours. Some of them can look a bit pants in dull light. My Avus Silver looks the dogs danglies in sunlight and at night under artificial lighting....but like grey primer on a dull rainy day. Same applies to phantom black, sprint blue, misano red etc....you only get the full benefit of the pearl in good strong light. Worth condidering before you start putting your hand in your pocket.

By the way... Just my opinion on white: It has been / is flavour of the month and for good reason. On sports models it looks brilliant but in my opinion the car itself has to be bang up to date, as soon as the car becomes an old model it starts looking really dated.

Well I've ordered it...

Gone for the Deep Sea Blue but can still change my mind before the build date! Not going to get it until the 09 plate comes out as the 58 ones are being quoted as feb delivery so may as well wait and get the new reg.

So only 7 months to wait!!!!!!

7 months??? Shocking!

Mind if I ask what dealer you used in the end? And whether you managed to get a decent discount (I'm also thinking of ordering). PM, if you prefer.

Dave.

PS I wasn't sure about the DS Blue until I saw a pic of it on here (think it was an A4) and it's a really nice colour.