44 Miles per Gallon

TFSI

Born to Fish
Reaction score
Cheshire to Alnwick M6, M62, A1M and back and lots of A and B roads in between :yes:

616 miles and 64 litres of fuel and if my calcs are correct 44 mpg out of an 08 1.4T A3 SE.

5 months old and the first really decent trip its had :happy::happy:

Northumberland my first visit and a stunning place. :yes:

Impressive, but I would assume you had to drive quite gently to do that.
I would fine it hard to believe this was achieved without any effort, especially when you say there were A and B roads in between.
By way of comparison, my car did 580 miles to roughly 55 litres of diesel.
Which is 47.8mpg.
90% motorway cruising.
Did Aberdeen to Brighton in 8 hours too, so I wasn't exactly hanging around.
I have a photo of the speedo showing 100mph, and the computer showing 49mpg.

thats good, I have an A4 TDi Auto avant as a loan car and its averaging 33mpg

That easy you just accerate to a given speed and lift off, hey presto 100mph or 150mph if you can get that far and the instant mpg reads 99mpg :)

Impressive, but I would assume you had to drive quite gently to do that.
I would fine it hard to believe this was achieved without any effort, especially when you say there were A and B roads in between.

Motorways 75-80mph with a 20 minute holdup A1 around Newcastle going and a 30 minute crawl back through Manchester M62 returning.

No boy racer stuff on the a and b's but still not hanging around. Just driving like i normally drive. I would guess with a bit of effort this engines capable of 47/48ish on a trip of this nature.

The figure impressed me a tad after my previous 16FSI had a job to do 40mpg.

Nice mpg!

I once got 42mpg out of mine but the journey was only 34 miles (Congleton to Winsford and back) and i was trying my hardest not to use more pedal than required!

Not bad, for a petrol.:icon_thumright:
Again, by way of comparison.
The 1.4TFSI has 125bhp and 200nm of torque.
My car has 200bhp and 410nm of torque, yet still does more mpg than yours.:anbet:

The 1.4TFSI has 125bhp and 200nm of torque.
My car has 200bhp and 410nm of torque, yet still does more mpg than yours.:anbet:

My truck has 480 BHP and 2300 Nm of Torque :yahoo: So there :yahoo:and returns 8.5 mpg on a good day :blink::blink:

No seriously i work with diesels all the time but i much prefer petrols from a private car point of view :o.k: My annual mileage is about 8K so the extra cost of diesel would be a long time to pull back from a cost of fuel point of view :salute:

Fuel keeps getting better.

Cheshire to Glencoe - 396 miles / 38 litres = 47.7 mpg
Glencoe to Cheshire - 485 miles / 45.3 litres = 45.3 mpg

Overall - 881 miles / 87 litres = 46.1 MPG :happy:

Cannot fault this little motor at all :happy::happy::happy:

You'll find that fuel economy gets better once the a engine has been fully 'breaked in', so no suprises there that its getting better. Still very impressive figures though and to think the new batch of 1.4T's are suppose to be even more economical.

best ever for my car which seems to like drinking :ninja:drew

Dont we all, lol.

You'll find that fuel economy gets better once the a engine has been fully 'breaked in', so no suprises there that its getting better. Still very impressive figures though and to think the new batch of 1.4T's are suppose to be even more economical.

Really, urm interesting to know.