Order Placed....

PNH80

Low life livin' the high life.
Reaction score
Well chaps, this is just a quick thank you to everyone on here who gave opinions and useful advice on various cars, colours, specs etc in recent weeks. Seriously guys.... Massive help. Cheers.

So after much indecision, debate and haggling i've finally placed the order on a TT-S this morning (literally 5 minutes ago). The dealer was just waiting for a decision on the colour. I went for brilliant black and apparently i should expect the car to arrive in November.
The car's pretty well spec'd anyway so i've only ticked boxes for 19" 5-spoke wheels, Bose and the extended leather pack (black and 'silver').

Quick photo i found to tease myself with....

media-vi.jpg

Thanks fellas.

Paul.

Brilliant black - Wise decision ;)

Having seen it, i know it looks the mutts. Black also serves to lessen the "girly" image somewhat... Hope the wait flies for you.

Looks very nice mate.. bet you're counting down the days already! :)

Yeah looks lovely!!!

Slightly off thread but is yours briliant black mitch? Abit unsure what mine is!!!

Right think mine must be phantom then :unsure:

Manage to get a good discount off the TT? or are they holding firm on them?

Thanks guys.... I know i've let myself in for a life of mysery with brilliant black! I better find a good local detailer!
I am aware of the somewhat girly image of the TT so i wasn't taking any chances with white or red.

As far as price goes i'm having the car on lease. Thought i'd try this route instead of buying for a change and see how it goes. Haggled the price nicely though....Although nowhere near as good as the S3 deals which are available.

I know what you're thinking.... I'll love it until the TT-RS comes along next year but never mind.... Those smug S5 owners have that to look forward to when the RS5 makes theirs look a bit sad too! Makes me feel a bit better!

HAIRDRESSER!!!

Just kidding mate, looks great. The new TT is a massive improvment on the old one, love it!

Brilliant black does look good. Have a word with Polished Bliss, they will sort you out with all the gear for it

Well spec'd as standard hey... Does it come with 'A short back and sides'?

You'll have to let us know about the 'highlights' of driving one....

he he he, sorry.... couldn't resist mate.

Saw one in white at my local dealers and it does look fantastic.

Well done and good luck
TTS looks impressive :icon_thumright: hope the wait is a short one for you

Nice one.

I'm sure you were getting a BMW and didn't like TTs.

Did you get the manual?

Nice one.

I'm sure you were getting a BMW and didn't like TTs.

Did you get the manual?

You're exactly right! BMW 335i unfortunately went out the window when lease rates of almost £800 a month started flying about... Nice car but not that nice!
Never been a TT fan at all, just seemed like an expensive A3 in a party frock to me....
The TT-S seems a totally different car though, lighter, more power, more aggressive less 'hairdresser' styling, love the 4 exhaust pipes too. The TT-S is what the TT should have been from square one.

And yes i got the manual. Didn't even consider S-Tronic to be honest. Everyone has always hammered Mercedes for fitting auto boxes into sports cars as standard (SLK and SLR) because it ruins the level of interaction with the car.... Just because you get flappy paddles doesn't change anything for me. Some people love S-tronic though so i won't be too harsh! Each to their own eh.

Anyway, cheers for the kind words fellas i'm sure i'll get used to the hairdresser tag!
I'll try to forget about the car til about October and just keep enjoying my 2.0T quattro for now....Which is still a great car.

They're more or less the same as the new RS6's except without the strip of metal down the middle of each spoke.

Knowing Audi these wheels will be available to spec on most models soon enough.

They're more or less the same as the new RS6's except without the strip of metal down the middle of each spoke.

Knowing Audi these wheels will be available to spec on most models soon enough.

Frankly I'm amazed after all your previous negative comments about the TT and how it does nothing for you, just goes to show you should never judge a car until you've tried it.

The TTs is a great looking and driving car especially in the spec you have ordered, if you contact Bham Audi my cancelled order is due there any day now which could reduce your waiting time...
Phantom Black
19" RS4
Black/Silver Lthr combo
Rear Isofix
GSM Phone Kit

You won't be disappointed mate IMO the TT is one of the most agile cars I have ever driven and manual in this car is definetly the way to go.

Enjoy

Spin

was at Bexley Audi today to sort a little dent someone left on my S3 and there was a black TTS....Very nice but... I couldn't believe the £40k price tag... IMO I would get a different motor for 40 grand...

Pedro

Frankly I'm amazed after all your previous negative comments about the TT and how it does nothing for you, just goes to show you should never judge a car until you've tried it.

The TTs is a great looking and driving car especially in the spec you have ordered, if you contact Bham Audi my cancelled order is due there any day now which could reduce your waiting time...
Phantom Black
19" RS4
Black/Silver Lthr combo
Rear Isofix
GSM Phone Kit

You won't be disappointed mate IMO the TT is one of the most agile cars I have ever driven and manual in this car is definetly the way to go.

Enjoy

Spin

Trust me, no one is more amazed than me that i have an order on a TT!! lol. I've slagged these cars (and the drivers)for years.
Honestly, the TT-S is an example of content over image, not image over content as most other TT's have been. Its a drivers car not a fashion accessory.
I test drove the crap out of everything, and i mean everything, from 335's to S3's to A5's. Test driving the TT-S was almost by default because i'd done everything else and still wasn't sure which way to go. It just happened to tick the boxes... Fast, sure footed, entertaining, good looking and within the budget.... So i'm happy.

Audi have done me a favour though. They released the A3 cabriolet so the TT is no longer the most camp car they make. Thank you Audi!

I'd rather cut hairs and have a TT-S than do what I do and drive the A3 although I could see a lot of people with number 1's all over !!! serious that looks nice although i'd have had the alcantra interior :) I hope the wait ain't too much !

Good choice sir, looks absolutely stunnin.

Make sure you put up another thread when you can get loadsa pics of it: inside & out!