Supershine or not?

mac1403

Reaction score
Justr a quick poll to find out how many of you would supershine a new car? Also what sort of price should you be paying for a tracker fitted?

I had the autogym lifeshine done on my car, it got it FOC due to dealer error over my courtesy car. To be honest, the outside finish and protection is no better than a good polish/wax.

The inside, carpets and leather gets a coating of something, and this is worthwhile. It resists spills and i recently spilt some coffee on the carpet and it just lay on top, and wiped off leaving no mark at all.

As regards tracker, there are only 3 main ways to steal a car now..

1. Steal your keys, either from you or your house.

2. Break the window, release the handbrake, knock out of gear, overcome the steering lock and tow away

3. Full lift onto lorry/front suspended tow

However cars do still get stolen and I would have tracker fitted personally.

Definate no on the supershine - it's a £20 kit that you're paying the garge to apply (badly in most cases!).
I'd contact a detailer local to you (if you post in the detailer section, the guys at polished bliss know good people in most areas!). They might even be able to go in to the garage and prep it before you collect.

I have a tracker & gap on my car.
Tracker because i'd like to think if I was ever car jacked, or my place broken in to for my car I can just hand over the keys without a worry, call the police and tracker and maybe, just maybe those feckers will get caught and someone else's pride and joy is safe as a result. A lot fo people don't do it as they don't want the car back. From what I've heard career car thieves do not murder the car, they don't want to raise attention. They take it and leave it somewhere for a while to see if it does have a tracker - so chances are you'd get the car back in one piece.
If it did end in a police chase, the likely hood is it would get totalled, in which case, with gap cover you'd get a brand spanking new car to replace it :superman:

I think it's worthwhile having personally.

J

Supershine is a load of crap, yes they wax your car for you but its not something you can't do yourself at home for a fraction of the price.

The main market for this supershine thing is for lazy people who somehow think that because they go for this option the car never needs any waxing or paintwork care to keep it looking good.

Best thing to do is when you get the car, give it a good wash and give it a couple layers of wax!

Then just keep waxing it every so often.

Already said this on your other thread, dont bother with the paint protection offered by Audi get a detailer to do it properly - or if you confident remove all the swirls put on by the Audi dealer and then buy the paint protection from ebay and do it your self.
Tracker no unless your insurance company refuses insurance - very unlikey IMHO, but if feel need protection then Clifford Blackjax as a standalone.

Richard

Thanks for the help guys, just wanted to make sure everyone was of the same opinion with regard supershine. Next question is, what do I have instead, Black optic pack or tinted windows?

Thanks for the help guys, just wanted to make sure everyone was of the same opinion with regard supershine. Next question is, what do I have instead, Black optic pack or tinted windows?

Like it said in the other thread, load of old crap. I wouldn't bother with the tracker either unless your insurance demands it. GAP - Now there is something thats worthwhile - Mine costs under a tenner a month:)

....Next question is, what do I have instead, Black optic pack or tinted windows?

I'd suggest both!

You could always buy and fit the optics grille yourself and get the factory tints, however they will only tint the windows to the rear of the b-pillar so you would have to find somebody to tint your front doors with a matching shade.

In that case, factory grille and aftermarket tints would make more sense.

Oh, and lets not turn this into another debate on the legal issues surrounding tints forward of the b-pillar. I think we all know what's what on that front.

Tints are ok but dont go for too dark though seen some almost black windows on a white S3 really dont like it makes the car look so cheap looking.

Tints are ok but dont go for too dark though seen some almost black windows on a white S3 really dont like it makes the car look so cheap looking.

Yes I know what you mean. I am not sure how dark the factory tints are. On a black car i wouldn't be concerned, but sprint blue, not sold on the idea. The optics pack will look good though.

Saw a black SB at the dealership near my house with the blackout grille and factory tints. Looked like a hearse. Don't think the factory tints suit a black one. Saw a white S3 though with factory tints on the rear windows and it looked well.

My Black A3 has tints fitted by the dealership when the car was new and the darkness is perfect, its a very light smoke, works a treat with the silver mirrors!

Big no no on the Supershine rubbish.. i got it done from Audi on my car... waste of £300... Pay a good detailer to have it done to be honest (waxed and sealed).
Like Jamie said it costs £20 or so and a right rip off.

Regards to the Tracker... that is an essential piece of kit IMO. A must!

Would any of you have the paint and interior protection done if the dealer offered to do it for free??
I've been offered it as a sweetener on my new car but not sure if i want it or not....

If it makes any difference the car is brilliant black...