Chris NottEM Tuning
    3rd Gear

Status

Seen my first facelift S3 (orange)

My dealer called today saying he had a facelift model in.... I popped down to have a look.
    I'm really liking the lights and wheels now, and the wing mirrors dont looks as big in the flesh! IMO, they actually look really good!

Meteor S3, APR Stage 3, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, LOBA/Sach's Clutch, Bilstein PSS10's, H&R ARB, Gen4 Haldex PP, EVOM's DV & CAI, Forge TB with Pro-Alloy IC, BBS CK 19" My S3

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    that looks really nice not sure about the wheels but lights look really nice...

revo stage2, Milltek TB non res, forge cai, forge dv, HnR springs,bbs ch black eddition, optics grill, LaminX, lcr splitter.....
    soon to come....gloss balck front and rear valance, side mirrors, RS4 brakes, revo stage 2+, fuel pump......

4th Gear

Status
    Like the new front bumper..

Trying to figure out if the grille, front wings and bonnet is the same as the non-facelift model??

Also are the lights the same shape as the non-facelift..

No doubt there all a few mm different so they cant be swapped around!

Jonny
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

Boydie
    I was just in one 10mins ago - Redhead off the site, her dad just got a sprint blue facelift yesterday!

Nice cars indeed! I am sure she will be along with photos tomorrow as we are heading to a local meet!

On Boost

Status
    I do like the lights , still not liking the wheels though, and the lack of mesh on the fog surrounds.

p

windsurfer

Status
    I like the bumper and the rear lights... everythig else I stick with my 8P Mk 2.5

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

3rd Gear

Status
    If you go for the black optics, do you still get the chrome surrounds on the front foglights, and the chrome triming inside the main headlights??? Would like quite wierd if you did, I think!!
    www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk VW California hire and sales

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    I do like the lights , still not liking the wheels though, and the lack of mesh on the fog surrounds.

p
    - and I like the new bonnet grooves. Fog surrounds are serioulsy weedy though ....
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Oli. View Post
    If you go for the black optics, do you still get the chrome surrounds on the front foglights, and the chrome triming inside the main headlights??? Would like quite wierd if you did, I think!!
    Saw a white S3 sportback with the black optic pack, no chrome around the fogs.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    I do like the lights , still not liking the wheels though, and the lack of mesh on the fog surrounds.p
    There is mesh around the fogs you just can't see it on the photo's, although its not as pronounced as the current S3.

Agree with you on the lights and wheels !!

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Oli. View Post
    with optic pack there is no chrome around the fog light.
    chrome triming inside the main headlights remains as is.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post

Trying to figure out if the grille, front wings and bonnet is the same as the non-facelift model??

Jonny

Just been comparing the above pics with some S3 pics I have and its looks like the facelift S3 has a different shape bonnet, wings, lights and grill. The grill is more squarer at the corners, the lights are more angeled athe the sides.
    Previous
    S
    Ibis White - 2007

Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

VCDS user

4th Gear

Status

Your S3 pics

Would be nice to see 'those' pics you have that suggest a different look?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattandrew View Post
    Just been comparing the above pics with some S3 pics I have and its looks like the facelift S3 has a different shape bonnet, wings, lights and grill. The grill is more squarer at the corners, the lights are more angeled athe the sides.
    Only one way to find out

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

6th Gear

Status

Jonny
    I can confirm from the Audi press release that the bonnet, wings and lights ARE different therefore wont fit on the current model.

The arches do look a bit beefier mind.....(says not wanting to start the great arch debate off again!)
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

4th Gear

Status
    All the parts you have listed are different for sure, the bonnet has a very slight different shape to the main body, wings are without the indicators and lights are the new LED versions, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the bonnet wont fit..

Im probably wrong, hope not though! lol..

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

6th Gear

Status
    I meant they are a slightly different shape though, thats what the pack said!
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

4th Gear

Status
    Ah ****.. Oh well, would be cool if I could have a nose around your facelift car when it comes through as I dont live too far away from you

Would be cool to see one in the flesh..

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

6th Gear

Status
    No probs mate, 5 weeks and counting!

Think Jamiekip might fight you to the front of the queue though!

jamiekip

Think jonny is probably better placed than anyone to highlight the differences!
    Still be nice to get mine and yours together for a sprint blue photo op!!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 SAF View Post
    that looks really nice not sure about the wheels but lights look really nice...
    I saw a black TT-S yesterday with those wheels and I have to say they look much, much better in the flesh.
    2009 S3 Sportback - Brilliant black

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalex View Post
    I saw a black TT-S yesterday with those wheels and I have to say they look much, much better in the flesh.
    I totally agree, I was about to order some BBS but after seeing them in the flesh I think I can live with them for a while. It still needs lowered 25mm though

Meteor S3, APR Stage 3, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, LOBA/Sach's Clutch, Bilstein PSS10's, H&R ARB, Gen4 Haldex PP, EVOM's DV & CAI, Forge TB with Pro-Alloy IC, BBS CK 19" My S3

4th Gear

Status
    Had a good look at a facelift S3 today, quite a few differences, looks like the front bumper would work with the non-facelift bonnet/grille/lights/wings but im not keen on it to be honest so ill probs stick with the non-facelift part

I do really like the new rear diffuser, much more aggressive..

Also the boot is different, slightly different profile just below the audi rings, very subtle but looks good also..

Oh and the mirrors are HUGEEEEEEEE!!!

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

6th Gear

Status

Oh and the mirrors are HUGEEEEEEEE!!!

They are testing the mirrors on the S3 fl for the new Q5

I guess they have just gone a bit overboard on spacing for the indicator housing... Massive tho!!

The rear diff on the one I took some pics of for the colours thread looked pretty good, stronger.

4th Gear

Status
    I think that may have been THE car that I was looking at today, at Teesside Audi??

If not its the same leather and colour combo..

Dont know if the rear bumper is in two parts, only the bottom section is different on the facelift S3..

I hate it when a manufacturer does this!! arrgh..

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

6th Gear

Status
    Nah, not teeside, Sheffield.

1st Gear

Status
    Off Subject I see the new Golf next year Gti could be 250Bhp to keep up with the latest Hot hatches I bet the R32 will be quite a bit more powerful & lower emissions when it comes too could be interesting Audi will have to come up with something better than the S3 for the money I would be tempted for a R32 if performance/emissions improve over the current one.

5th Gear

Status
    I've just seen the S3 sportback in Phantom at my local dealer, it doesn't look bad but seems to sit high, there are also 6 cabriolets floating about which look quite nice.
    Gone A3 TDi S Line DSG Bluefined

Now Seat Leon Cupra about to be Bluefined

6th Gear

Status
    Looks Sweett....

How long till your S3 arrives mate?
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz219 View Post
    Looks Sweett....

How long till your S3 arrives mate?
    I still havent had a confirmation yet.... I ordered it over a month ago now!

6th Gear

Status
    5 weeks for mine to arrive!

Will have a look in Teeside to wet my appetite seeing as they have one!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DeckedS3 View Post
    I still havent had a confirmation yet.... I ordered it over a month ago now!
    My S3 Sportback was ordered on 24th July and just had confirmation today that it will be build week 35, so should be delivered early/mid September. No idea whether build week/delivery varies by dealer.

It should be noted that my brother ordered an S3 3dr in May/June, and that will arrive AFTER mine.
    Last edited by Metalex; 5th August 2008 at 14:14.
    2009 S3 Sportback - Brilliant black

6th Gear

Status
    I ordered mine on 19/05/08 which seems like ages ago for it to get built on Mon (11/8/08)!!

However its a confirmed build week now so it cant move from this date, cant wait!