Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    Not anymore - Back 2 BMW (shh)

Status

BRACE YOURSELVES! Bye bye Audi, Welcome Back BMW...! (S3 for SALE!)

Well, after 2 and a bit years of Audi ownership, I have decided to return to the dark side with BMW.

Time will tell if I have made the right decision.

So, 2007 SILVER S3 FOR SALE ANYBODY...?
    Last edited by a3norwich; 2nd August 2008 at 19:21.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Up the owls!

Status
    You've not sad what car you're getting?

Personally there isn't a car I the BMW 'fleet' that ticks all the boxes like the S3 does.

So... what you getting?
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

Status
    Will be gettting a 330i coup M sport.

Hummed and harred over 335i, 335D, but, having tried all 3 and had a 330Ci a few years ago and loved it, thought I would get the new version (low CO2, fuel consumption too); you can't beat a BMW straight 6. Had a couple of E46 M3s in the past so that got that out of my system and couldn't justify 50K+ on a new one!

Whilst I agree there is no direct BMW product to compare to the S3, there are some boxes that the BMW can tick and the Audi simply can't... But that's just my opinion.

3rd Gear

Status
    They do sound very good the BMW straight six lumps!
    www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk VW California hire and sales

L60N
    After driving the e46 m3 for some time I found the 330i clubsport a bit guttless. Maybe it was the lack of torque but the difference is quite remarkable.

Nice S3 though, you should have it sold in no time (the collinite factor)

Status
    Yea, you're quite right. The E46 M3 and 330Ci are quite different. Depends what you are after though I guess. The 330i is just more refined, but not a million miles away in actual real day to day performance. The current 335D though is awesome; it was a close call. If the 7 speed DCT was available then no contest. But that's only appearing on the 335i from Sept they say...

1st Gear

Status
    Could be very tempted for a 335i M Sport Coupe but so expensive I like the look of the 3 series only comment I would say is that BMW interiors always look very dull.....S3 will be quicker than a 330i but I imagine the ride will be alot better though. I am sure you will enjoy the change.