Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    3rd Gear

Status

Aftermarket CAI? Looking for a replacement engine cover?

I know that like me you must hate the fact that your engine bay is exposed ever since fitting the intake. I was checking out AwesomeGTIs Neuspeed-Europe site and found this...

I wonder if this engine cover will work in conjunction with the Forge CAI?

The transverse 2.0T FSI engine in the Audi A3, TT VW EOS, GTI MkV, and VW Jetta V utilize an integral air box / engine cover. As such, when installing the NEUSPEED's P-Flo intake, the original engine cover must be removed.

Designed to compliment the NEUSPEED P-Flo Kit (part # 65.02.65 & 65.10.97), this engine cover is manufactured using 100% carbon fiber to be lightweight and for great looks. Specially machined billet aluminum stand-offs and a stainless strap simply attach to the factory pick-up points for an easy installation - no double-sided adhesive installations here!

The full-cover also features air cooling duct for the coil-packs. Utilizing vacuum bag manufacturing method produces a part that has consistant wall thickness, while avoiding excessive resin build-up.
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

2. # ADS
    ADS

2008 Audi S3

Status
    How much does the engine cover cost from Audi here in SA? Some people just buy a second one and dremel it to fit. If you can buy it without the airfilter that will cut cost a lot too.

RS3 Wannabe

Status
    EVOMS do a really good engine cover very cheap and looks the part you can pick one up from regal.....

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit222 View Post
    I manufactured using 100% carbon fiber to be lightweight
    yeah because the current plastic one is so heavy...............

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit222 View Post
    I know that like me you must hate the fact that your engine bay is exposed ever since fitting the intake. I was checking out AwesomeGTIs Neuspeed-Europe site and found this...

I wonder if this engine cover will work in conjunction with the Forge CAI?

The transverse 2.0T FSI engine in the Audi A3, TT VW EOS, GTI MkV, and VW Jetta V utilize an integral air box / engine cover. As such, when installing the NEUSPEED's P-Flo intake, the original engine cover must be removed.

Designed to compliment the NEUSPEED P-Flo Kit (part # 65.02.65 & 65.10.97), this engine cover is manufactured using 100% carbon fiber to be lightweight and for great looks. Specially machined billet aluminum stand-offs and a stainless strap simply attach to the factory pick-up points for an easy installation - no double-sided adhesive installations here!

The full-cover also features air cooling duct for the coil-packs. Utilizing vacuum bag manufacturing method produces a part that has consistant wall thickness, while avoiding excessive resin build-up.
    Not sure I like the look of that - looks like a cheap bin lid. But you're right: I would like an engine cover in there .....
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    Not sure I like the look of that - looks like a cheap bin lid.

2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

4th Gear

Status
    Think this is the best looking after market engine cover..

Obviously it would have the S3 plastic trim rather than the 2.0t fsi A3 trim..

Pretty cheap too, think there about 70

Im not bothered about the engine looking ugly, its going to run cooler without an engine cover which can only be a good thing with a tuned car

Jonny
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH