Stattler

L

L60N

Any1 got the number for statler? ive googled and cant find.

cheers

Ooooooh you've given in to the temptation then!? lol..

haha, fair enough!

Hammer file?

Please do!

Ive also pmed Kontra, to see if he wants to have a nosey, since he's in Sheffield too.

Steve said he's got a service so there might be a wait....

Ah... just replied to you PM.

Will pop down mate... :) though I WONT be doing this one yet.. ;)

Going to get them a call see if they have any stocks of things, may as well make the trip worth while :idea:

Mine's getting done at 8:30 tomorrow @ Regal

:thumbsup:

Happy days!!

Jamie have you decided whether to come up to Leeds for the VW fest?

Would be good to have a proper catch up with ya, not thru the window of my car whilst p00ing myself about possibly stalling on the drag strip ;)

Happy days indeed - you getting yours mapped in prep for croft? I'm going to have to stick some holiday in at work, but I'm up for a bit of track action!
I'e got the springs, roll bars and maybe an EVOMs going on tomorrow too...... eeeck!

re: Leeds - I'll have to check with the girlfriend (and I have a feeling she's invited some friends over!), but if I can I will! Deffo be good to catch up with more people!

Ha Ha.
Looks like the bug is spreading.

Might be going REVO tomorrow.:jump:

Are you going on the roller before and after run jamie?

p

Possibly - depends on time left on the day and the state of my wallet!
I am really intrigued to get before and afters done though, just to add to the standard and modified gains debate!!
I'll be posting tomorrow with regards to the visit anyway!

J

hey L6ON, just realised in your pm you said getting hammered and my reply was me too...

you meant a different hammered to me! BWAHAHAHAH

Not too bothered about the figures after alls said and done mate.

Just want to feel the extra G's through the gears :)

You are right mate , but i'm a tight ******* and want too know where my £600 has gone! :laugh:

p

L60N - Happy Hammer time mate.
Sure we'll both be grinning like kids tomorrow!
:eyebrows:

hammertime.gif

got a text from leon this morning saying he was really impressed with the map, I guess once he runs out of fuel he might log on here and tell all!

Hi guys,

Just landed back after a spirited ride home after a morning down at Statller, followed by some grub with S3IZZO & Kontraband.

Firstly I need to start by saying a big thank you to Steve jr down there, top bloke with a wealth of knowledge. Cheers for the teas aswell Steve ;)

Now on with my initial findings:

The remapping process took around an hour - sending my map off to the USA, then getting the hammer file sent back through. After that Steve showed me how to use the flashloader (easily operated and done in seconds)

Once the boring stuff was out of the way Steve took me to a disused private road for a spin ;)

As a passenger I could tell it was "quicker" but very very smooth. I raised it with Steve who agreed that the power delivery was very smooth indeed, more so than the stock map even - I agree with this.

Now my turn behind the wheel.

I put my foot down on a straight and the power delivery again felt silky smooth but all the way through the range and with a real sense of urgency that was very obvious - "Jackpot"

I returned to the garage and im not kidding you i had butterflies in my stomach and a massive grin on my chevvy chase, infact, ive had them all the way home!!!

The turbo has now developed a whistle when I put my foot down lol, and the exhaust note is very very raspy indeed. hehe

I drove it back on the motorway and the car feels very sedate, that is until you put your foot down then it pushes you into the back of the seat. Even pushing down in 6th at around 3k gives a real nice shove that continues until you bottle it.

So to sum it up:

I find the stock map is very torquey low down with plenty of grunt but tends to lose it towards the top end. Whereas the hammer map pulls VERY strongly and smoothly all the way through past 7k rpm in all gears. Before you know it your doing silly speeds.

Im a very happy chappy right now. :happy:

Fuel pump is next when the next batch lands :)

Nice one, did you go for the flashloader ? Guessing with the flashloader you can put it back to your standard map if needs to say go to an Audi garage for warenty work ?

Does the fuel pump require a different map.

Richard

Nice one, did you go for the flashloader ? Guessing with the flashloader you can put it back to your standard map if needs to say go to an Audi garage for warenty work ?

Does the fuel pump require a different map.

Richard

I got the flashloader too, just for the convenience/piece of mind.

The fuel pump does require a different map, but as im now registered with GIAC the upgrade will be peanuts :)

So who's next with the hammer then?????
Me and L60N both got it today.
Happy days!

I may have too be next me thinks , just a little sort of bread at the mo!

p

Great write up, the re-map really does release the potential in this engine, now you're firmly on that slippery slope of modding - Whats next? Milltek and intake work great with the re-map??

I'll be moving to GIAC from Revo in the next few weeks - nothing to do with Revo, just having some shiney bits put on the car and it's more convinient to get it remapped with Statller whilst it's there.

Was it just me with a very loud turbo when I was standard?

Just some people cant seem to hear it when stock?

Mine was well loud esp with the window down!

Mine was pretty loud too mate, even louder when the carbonio went on..... louder still with the GIAC!

You can definatley the turbo in stock form lol, you'd have to be deaf not to, but its different now with the map, it makes a funny chirping noise too lol. Its hard to explain..

I'll be moving to GIAC from Revo in the next few weeks - nothing to do with Revo, just having some shiney bits put on the car and it's more convinient to get it remapped with Statller whilst it's there.

So what what shiney bits are you having put on Jorden?

p

So what what shiney bits are you having put on Jorden?

p

Evo MS Intake
Evo MS Heat shield
Evo MS Engine cover
Autotech fuel pump
Turbo back exhaust (and cats)
Sachs clutch

Remap to suit.