Nice courtesy car from audi cardiff

Ash B

Reaction score
heey every one hope your all good

Anyway my 54 plate lava grey 1.6 a3 gone to audi for a health check as the exhaust and engine been making a bit of noise and sounds a bit diesel not happy as only had the car 3weeks tomorrow...Hopefully they will find the problem and sort it out.

As for my courtesy car they gave me a a3 2.0 tdi 08 plate black(obviously to tempt me) and im in love with it lol..Now im actually considering getting a new 2.0 tdi they put a full tank in it but have to stick £5 back in after i've used it.
what you lot reckon keep my 1.6 (for insurance reasons) or go for 2.0 tdi?

Its very nice to drive picks up speed good and you cant really hear the engine when your driving or in the car only when your at a stand still and its not really that load.

Thanks
Ashley

P.s will stick some photos of the car up later when im home

heey every one hope your all good

Anyway my 54 plate lava grey 1.6 a3 gone to audi for a health check as the exhaust and engine been making a bit of noise and sounds a bit diesel not happy as only had the car 3weeks tomorrow...Hopefully they will find the problem and sort it out.

As for my courtesy car they gave me a a3 2.0 tdi 08 plate black(obviously to tempt me) and im in love with it lol..Now im actually considering getting a new 2.0 tdi they put a full tank in it but have to stick £5 back in after i've used it.
what you lot reckon keep my 1.6 (for insurance reasons) or go for 2.0 tdi?

Its very nice to drive picks up speed good and you cant really hear the engine when your driving or in the car only when your at a stand still and its not really that load.

Thanks
Ashley

P.s will stick some photos of the car up later when im home

Nice.

They gave me a Tank when i dropped my car off... Audi A6 avant.. car was HUGE! My cars going in again to Audi soon and i told them i need something smaller next time and been promised what they gave you.

Has for buying one... i'm sure insurance cant be that bad on the 2.0tdi i mean add NCB and an older driver as registered owner... get yourself on there as second driver and you should be ok mate.
Thats what i'm doing on the S3.
Just a matter on you selling your motor and being able to afford the 2.0tdi

If i was the first driver on my S3 .... mate... premiums around this area.. i could buy and 8p S3 for what they ask for.

So instead got an older driver as policy holder (using his NCB) and im named driver on policy....
Don't understand how thats illegal.. :think:

It's because you're the main user of the car, not the person holding the policy. If you were to have to make a substantial claim and they investigated, they would say the policy was void due to fraudulent statements made when taking out the policy.

People insured as second drivers are expected to have occasional use of the car, and not to be the main driver.

Ah.. well he drives too... :sorry:
In my opinion it's got to be done because paying 6K on insurance is just not fair :noway:... so got no other choice really.

Ah.. well he drives too... :sorry:
In my opinion it's got to be done because paying 6K on insurance is just not fair :noway:... so got no other choice really.

Err.....buy a car that you CAN afford to insure legally :idea:

hi s3ltn thanks for the reply
Aw whats the a6 like to drive? Yeah they do look quite big cars...Yeah quite good service at audi must say. Any thing wrong with your car? or just a check up?

Yeah thats what i did for my a3 1.6 now i was gonna be the owner but looked at insurance £3,000 i thought NO! So car in my mum name and im a named driver more a less my car but her name on the paper work works out quite good...Yeah how much do the 2.0tdi go far? im looking to get one on a 55plate? i dont really want high miles to be honest...

My friend just bought a3 2.0tdi s-line £8,000 not even bought any where near us was bought in england and we live in cardiff! Has some thingg like 108 thousand miles on it! Break pads gone, loads has happened to it he has not even had it a week nearly! i had to bump start it earlier for him its a 53plate...Same colour as mine the pr*ck lol!

How long you had your s3? what it like insurance wise? Yeah i should be able to afford it just depends how much for mine or i should just wait really give it two years keep mine give it to my mum and just buy a new 2.0tdi which i think would be for the best. But i dont think i could patiently Wait haha...Well i'll talk to my mum about it and the end of the day i should be happy with what i got i've just turned 18 and bought a3 and i told myself i'll keep it for 2-3years and then give it to my mum as she really wants my car! hmm she was saying the other day she wants my car. What if she has it and then i can see if i can find a nice secound hand 54-06plate 2.0tdi for a good price with low miles from audi some where.

Eeef thanks for the reply
just bending the rules a little bit with the adding of NCB and an older driver as registered owner... get myself a on it as a named driver loads of young people do that today..As insurance so quite silly. insurance company know what the adults are doing just to get the insurance lower for the second named driver.

s3ltn does have a point mind i take it your premiums pretty high!

Mitch78 I never actually knew that...ok so maybe it bend the rules quite alot but im the main driver on my a3 my mum only driven it three times

haha i agree with s3ltn when i first went for insurance by myself on 2.0 they wanted £7,000 think of what i could do with that money! I dont have money to throw away lol i have to work longer hours and go into a savers account i did have just started a new one and now allowed to touch others in till im 21 which its good...You pay 6k on yours :-| What!! Whats thats ridiculous!

davemk Does have a point about it being fronting" and is illegal because it's fraudulent. and get a car you can afford to insure but i still argee with s3ltn the most i could afford on insurance is £3,500 and thats pushing it abit.and if i can afford the car and afford to run it. im still gonna bend the rules a bit haha so looks like im still gonna be named driver on which ever car i pick till next year or the year after...Depends how much it goes down.

Ashley :)

I went the `fronting` route many, many years ago, I had the same problems with premiums because of my age so I can see why people do it, not that it makes it right.

I got away with it but Im older and wiser now and wouldnt recommend it, particularly on a high value motor.

I had a friend who did the same thing a long time back, he was involved in a non-fault accident and he had a right struggle to get a pay out, but luckily succeded in the end.
After the payout his company cancelled the policy and he had the sell the car.
He was lucky, it could have been VERY expensive.

Worth thinking about.

cheers
Paul

Hi paul thanks for that...I am actually gonna think about it now...shouldnt cost that much and if i do get this car i'll be keeping it for 2years soo insurance should go down. Thanks for the storey about the friend actually gonna have to have a proper think as it will cost abit to get a 54-06 plate with low miles. your friend does sound lucky and could of been expensive and doesnt mean i would be that lucky in the furture.

cheers for that paul
will defo have a long think about it

Ashley

Hi paul thanks for that...I am actually gonna think about it now...shouldnt cost that much and if i do get this car i'll be keeping it for 2years soo insurance should go down. Thanks for the storey about the friend actually gonna have to have a proper think as it will cost abit to get a 54-06 plate with low miles. your friend does sound lucky and could of been expensive and doesnt mean i would be that lucky in the furture.

cheers for that paul
will defo have a long think about it

Ashley

No prob.
Its worth noting he got away with it because it was non fault and he had a good story (partly because he worked offshore).
You take your chances....

Good luck whatever you decide.

Paul

davemk no that what they wanted with me a main driver!!! on my 1.6
but if i get 2.0tdi thats the only amount i could afford and stil have money for bills and to run the car and just to do what ever i wanted to do with it...If that makes any sense mate?

Yes, that makes sense. Mind if I ask how old you are?

When you did the insurance quote for you as main driver, did you include your mum / dad on the policy (assuming they have good insurance history)? I found that used to bring my premium down.

The fronting thing used to be illegal. Now a lot of insurance companies will allow a named driver to be the main driver. Only reason i know this is I am a named driver on the Mrs policy cause she just passed her test. its her policy, but I am the main user. Bear in mind that not all insurance companies do this but they are out there.

hi s3ltn thanks for the reply
Aw whats the a6 like to drive? Yeah they do look quite big cars...Yeah quite good service at audi must say. Any thing wrong with your car? or just a check up?

Yeah thats what i did for my a3 1.6 now i was gonna be the owner but looked at insurance £3,000 i thought NO! So car in my mum name and im a named driver more a less my car but her name on the paper work works out quite good...Yeah how much do the 2.0tdi go far? im looking to get one on a 55plate? i dont really want high miles to be honest...

My friend just bought a3 2.0tdi s-line £8,000 not even bought any where near us was bought in england and we live in cardiff! Has some thingg like 108 thousand miles on it! Break pads gone, loads has happened to it he has not even had it a week nearly! i had to bump start it earlier for him its a 53plate...Same colour as mine the pr*ck lol!

How long you had your s3? what it like insurance wise? Yeah i should be able to afford it just depends how much for mine or i should just wait really give it two years keep mine give it to my mum and just buy a new 2.0tdi which i think would be for the best. But i dont think i could patiently Wait haha...Well i'll talk to my mum about it and the end of the day i should be happy with what i got i've just turned 18 and bought a3 and i told myself i'll keep it for 2-3years and then give it to my mum as she really wants my car! hmm she was saying the other day she wants my car. What if she has it and then i can see if i can find a nice secound hand 54-06plate 2.0tdi for a good price with low miles from audi some where.

A6 was...... well... not for me anyway. Yeah Audi service is good at times. Car went in for a faulty horn... rear heated seats weren't working and faulty cambelt pully.

They sorted everything out.. they even tightened my gearbox... feels brand new now but the sound from the pully is back again so its going back in. Hopefully i get the A3 as courtesy this time round.

Not too sure on the prices on A3 but i'd definately stick with an S-line model if i were to buy.
Had my S3 from March 07 and insurance is now £1500 with me named driver...
End of the day entirely up to you when you want to go ahead and purchase the Tdi... but i'm sure you'll be able to locate a nice one with the right spec.

I understand the whole fronting thing now... and is illegal but to be honest i'll take my chances because now i'm paying £1500 on insurance whereas if it where on my name it was 6K....!!! Purely down to the age factor.

Believe me alot of peolpe of my age got no choice but to "front" and as PaulAr said he had the same problem at that age too... and he risked it.

But i'm not getting younger so as time goes by and insurance for me gets AFFORDABLE then yes i won't risk it.

What age are you if you dont mind me asking? Im 27 now and i pay 1700quid a year for mine!!

What age are you if you dont mind me asking? Im 27 now and i pay 1700quid a year for mine!!

I'm 23 mate....
1700 and your 27!!!

oh ok so grass ain't going to be greener with regards to insurance as you get older. :sorry:

I'm not sure what the best option for a dealer is, when it comes to courtesy cars.
Give the client a better car, in the hope they realise they're missing out?
Or give the client a piece of crap, so they appreciate what they have?

I'm not sure what the best option for a dealer is, when it comes to courtesy cars.
Give the client a better car, in the hope they realise they're missing out?
Or give the client a piece of crap, so they appreciate what they have?

In my case...

I love my car compared to that A6!!

Hi davemk

No i dont mind, I've not long turned 18. Was 18 back in may...
Yeah included my mum policey took the insurance from my corsa and put it on my audi was only extra £140 for a year was £980 full comp!

mac1403 yeah i've noticed alot of companies allow that aswell...I think out of my friend there one who on his own insurance 05 audi a3 1.9tdi he paying i think £2,500 a year. all the other are named main drivers on there cars

S3ltn haha good answer...Good to hear cost you any thing? yeah they probably give you 2.0 a3. Aww not bad id rather not think about my insurance on a s3! Well im going back down audi at 6 so i'll ask about the a3 then how much they are. Yeah i waited from the end of may till july to pick this a3 got a good deal only cost me £8750 43,0019 one owner they did want £11,000 just told them no got all new tyres when i bought it and gave me a full tank and champagne! (which i gave to my mum) Yeah im just gonna look around and save till next year and see if i still want one or just to wait....If you dont mind me asking how old are you? I understand the whole "front" thing now aswell does make sense but im still being named a main driver under some one else policy till it goes down a bit.

s3ltn and Con s3
ouch about the insurace 23 £1500 27 £1700
I think im gonna be staying how i am for a little while haha

thanks for the reply every one :sm4:

im happy with the car they gave me but can see what you mean bowfer
Be best to give them the same car or a better car...Give them a crap one and there gonna be p*ssed in my case they made a good pick =D

but in s3 ltn they never should of just given him a a3
but hopefully this time they will

I understand the whole fronting thing now... and is illegal but to be honest i'll take my chances because now i'm paying £1500 on insurance whereas if it where on my name it was 6K....!!! Purely down to the age factor.

Believe me alot of peolpe of my age got no choice but to "front" and as PaulAr said he had the same problem at that age too... and he risked it.

But i'm not getting younger so as time goes by and insurance for me gets AFFORDABLE then yes i won't risk it.

I do understand where you're coming from although car insurance is part of the running of a vehicle and if you can't afford it, then you need to buy a car that you can afford to run.

I personally couldn't drive a £20k+ car knowing that, should I crash it, my insurance company would be well within their rights to refuse to pay out.

Whilst I sympathise with you on the ridiculous cost of insurance, what would happen if you were to crash into someone (car or pedestrian)?

If i get a3 2.0tdi i will go on my own insurance but i know in 2-3years i'll be having a s3 so 100% on that i will defo be on my own insurance no what the cost is...Because like davemk pointed out, if you crash they do have a right to say no and id rather them not be able to do that.... My dad had some insurance on his bmw alpine 3.2 its a blue convertable very nice standards out so if he crashed it or any thing they pay how much it was worth in the show room! and has that on his 1 series 123d M Sport 5 door he told me about it and advised me if i get a 2.0 or in the furture s3 to go with that but im not quite sure what it is? as we spoke briefly on the phone and he away... Would any of you know what he actually on about? Thanks

I'm 23 mate....
1700 and your 27!!!

oh ok so grass ain't going to be greener with regards to insurance as you get older. :sorry:

Well im in Northern Ireland here and insurance is alot higher because apparently we're all mad b@stards over here haha

Well im in Northern Ireland here and insurance is alot higher because apparently we're all mad b@stards over here haha

:lmfao:
I've tried hiring cars out previously and as soon as i mention the local postcode LU .... they go quite... and say no sorry try elsewhere we can't give you the car. :aggressive:

:sign_unfair:

If i get a3 2.0tdi i will go on my own insurance but i know in 2-3years i'll be having a s3 so 100% on that i will defo be on my own insurance no what the cost is...Because like davemk pointed out, if you crash they do have a right to say no and id rather them not be able to do that.... My dad had some insurance on his bmw alpine 3.2 its a blue convertable very nice standards out so if he crashed it or any thing they pay how much it was worth in the show room! and has that on his 1 series 123d M Sport 5 door he told me about it and advised me if i get a 2.0 or in the furture s3 to go with that but im not quite sure what it is? as we spoke briefly on the phone and he away... Would any of you know what he actually on about? Thanks

Your dad might of bought GAP insurance, I think that's what your dad might be on about. The dealer sold me GAP insurance and he was telling me about the value of purchase price or something, kinda forgot what he told me as I was too busy admiring an R8 at the time :whistle2:

Have people got loads of points on here or just dont shop about?

Yes I'm a bit older (29) but mine is £400 fully comp with named driver on.

I agree that insurance is stupid for young drivers but it is like it for a reason. There are too many young drivers (normally lads) that reckon they can hammer it everywhere and never have an accident, and look what happens. Fronting for me is a no go, you just shouldnt do it, if you cant afford the insurance you shouldnt buy the car. Im 21 and my S3 costs me £1750 and thats in my own name with my mum and her partner as named drivers so you cant just put it down to age.

I couldnt drive at ease knowing that if ever anything was to happen that i might not be covered, maybe some people arent bothered.

Just my opinion anyway, i know not everyone will agree.

Rich

Con s3
How much is your insurance? Haha "Well im in Northern Ireland here and insurance is alot higher because apparently we're all mad b@stards over here haha" got to say that did make me laugh

s3 ltn Haha gutted mate about renting cars out..Did you find any luck after?
Never tried renting a car i think im too young do you have to be a certain age?

My insurance is £980 full comp! thats for my a3 1.6..so thats not bad
wai-fan Yeah thats the one haha what colour was the r8? So you dont know much about the gap insurance then? lol thanks to the r8 i was up audi today they had a few up there a white, silver and black

RichC thanks for that i agree with what you said...I actually saw a brand new 08 plate ford fiesta st wrote off in my estate because some young rich boy thought he show off? was quite funyn when he crashed :) he was like my dad gonna kill me! Thats what yo uget for putting your foot down on a car your not ready for i started with a 1.0 and now got a 1.6 i probably wont go for a 2.0 till next year or year later! There too many people my age who think they cna do what they want in cars and thats why the insurance is high...But im full comp on my a3 which is good . £400 fully comp thats good

RichC
user_online.gif

1st Gear

Thats the car i had for the day...They cleaned mine which was nice of them but its raining now :-| Im either considering that colour, lava grey or red put a photo of the red one up later

01082008135.jpg

01082008134.jpg

01082008133.jpg

01082008132.jpg

01082008131.jpg

01082008130.jpg

hello mate

im 18 and have a 2.0 tdi sport 140 and i am paying £1700 in my own name

its a high price to pay but i think its worth every penny

lex