Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Sharkfin GPS Aerial install

Hi in trying to fit my new OEM GPS aerial however the mating face of the GPS aerial has a square keyway! Have people just drilled a hole big enough to fit the square in? And if so how have you sealed the hole as the seal is square like the keyway!???

2012 A3 Ibis White SportBack Black Edition 140

Mods so far: H&R 50mm, RNS-E, Cruise control, Interior OEM LED mood light, OEM LED number plate lights, OEM LED Puddle lights, OEM LED Footwell Lights, tear drop wiping, Beep confirm on close, pressed plates, HHA & TPMS.

Mods to come:light/rain sensor (In progress), and so on........

Gone But Not Forgotten....
    2011 A1 Black Sline 106
    2006 A3 Red Sline 140

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Yep, I just drilled a normal hole that ended up big enough for the square to fit in. It's best to use a drill bit called a "hole cutter". I got mine from the local tool supplier. They're a cone shape drill bit with lots of steps to give different sized holes. You start by drilling a fairly small hole with a normal drill for a guide, then place the hole cutter in the guide hole drilling your way up through the sizes until you get to the where you need. It's much safer and you've more control than using different size drill bits. It's also worth covering the roof in masking tape as the swarf scratches the paintwork real easy.

If you haven't got one already, make sure you've got the proper nut that goes on the antenna. Its got a spiked washer built into it that grips the underside of the roof and leaves room for the cable to go through.

Good luck.