EM TuningVolks Autos
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 69 of 69
  1. #41
    S3IZZO
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Makes you wonder doesn't it - there MUST actually be a market for those lights...somewhere in the world there's A3's driving around with those slapped on the back and someone thinks they look the mutts nuts.

    I'm all for each to their own, i'm sure there's many people who don't like the look of my car....but I mean come on!

  2. # ADS
    ADS
     
  3. #42
    jonnyc's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by S3IZZO View Post
    Makes you wonder doesn't it - there MUST actually be a market for those lights...somewhere in the world there's A3's driving around with those slapped on the back and someone thinks they look the mutts nuts.

    I'm all for each to their own, i'm sure there's many people who don't like the look of my car....but I mean come on!
    It makes me want to cry, someone out there will prefer the look of there A3 with lexus lights to yours..

    Sad but true..
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

    12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

  4. #43
    S3 LTN
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by staz1000 View Post
    I have just ordered these too. They arrive tomorrow. Will I be the first with a Sprint Blue S3 to fit them??
    You will be the first... get some pictures up for sure and i'm sure you won't be the last...

  5. #44
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    881
    common as much these facelift lights, gonna put my old ones back on.
    Audi A3 2.0TDI S-Line
    OEM+

    Coming soon: VW Passat 2.0TDI 170 DSG

  6. #45
    Shaq12's Avatar
    Drive it like its hot!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch78 View Post
    65 each, +VAT
    Or cheaper if you know where to shop

    Cheers
    C
    A3 170 TDi Quattro S-Line
    Misano Red - Armrest with GSM Phone Prep - iPod Connection - MFSW - Heated Front Seats - Rear Parking Sensors - RNS-E - Cruise Control
    _________________________________________________

  7. #46
    Shaq12's Avatar
    Drive it like its hot!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by a3 mart View Post
    hi mikey

    i spoke to audi about these light today and i was told they would not fit my 04 3door because the bulb holder is different and he thinks its a different shape
    That's cause Audi dealers know nothing really about their cars...!!!

    Cheers
    C
    A3 170 TDi Quattro S-Line
    Misano Red - Armrest with GSM Phone Prep - iPod Connection - MFSW - Heated Front Seats - Rear Parking Sensors - RNS-E - Cruise Control
    _________________________________________________

  8. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaq12 View Post
    That's cause Audi dealers know nothing really about their cars...!!!

    Cheers
    C
    Dealers are not usually involved is 'silly' little mods to cars. They sell, service and repair cars. I would suggest that the two Master Technicians at my dealers know far more about Audi cars that you are I will ever know.
    Last edited by h5djr; 1st August 2008 at 16:47.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  9. #48
    Gti Jazz Blue's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    1,654
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Dealers are not usually involved is 'silly' little mods to cars. They sell and service cars.
    Surely that should be miss-sell and try to service cars. - LOL
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

    VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

  10. #49
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    I would suggest that the two Master Technicians at my dealers know far more about Audi cars that you are I will ever know.
    and so they bloody well should do.
    Audi A3 2.0TDI S-Line
    OEM+

    Coming soon: VW Passat 2.0TDI 170 DSG

  11. #50
    Boydie
    Guest
    Just fitted mine to my 04 sport and fit perfectly. work perfectly and look perfect

  12. #51
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Dealers are not usually involved is 'silly' little mods to cars. They sell, service and repair cars. I would suggest that the two Master Technicians at my dealers know far more about Audi cars that you are I will ever know.
    just to further add, it was a bit silly to tell a3mart that they wont fit without even looking further into it, thus making him look rather silly now. OK fair enough I wouldnt expect a parts or sales guy at the dealers to know if they or any other parts may fit or not, but he could of at least looked into it rather than telling him its not possible without checking into it, when it clearly IS possible.
    Audi A3 2.0TDI S-Line
    OEM+

    Coming soon: VW Passat 2.0TDI 170 DSG

  13. #52
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    Just fitted mine to my 04 sport and fit perfectly. work perfectly and look perfect
    Audi A3 2.0TDI S-Line
    OEM+

    Coming soon: VW Passat 2.0TDI 170 DSG

  14. #53
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Damn..you beat me...
    A3 3.2 Q SPORT DSG Now...Edition 30 Golf GTI

  15. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Gti Jazz Blue View Post
    Surely that should be miss-sell and try to service cars. - LOL
    Your are obviously talking about totally different dealers to the one I use.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  16. #55
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,538
    Any parts I've ordered I just give my parts guy the numbers and tell him to order them. He generally doesn't question it as he figures I know what I'm at. They're only open 7 months and I'd say I'll be on his Christmas Card list at this stage!

  17. #56
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcQuinlivan View Post
    Any parts I've ordered I just give my parts guy the numbers and tell him to order them. He generally doesn't question it as he figures I know what I'm at. They're only open 7 months and I'd say I'll be on his Christmas Card list at this stage!
    Only the Christmas card list? Pah, you should get an invite to the crimbo party mate!!!
    Audi A3 2.0TDI S-Line
    OEM+

    Coming soon: VW Passat 2.0TDI 170 DSG

  18. #57
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,538
    Well they decided I didn't deserve a free S3 so I'm guessing the christmas party might be a bit of a push too!

  19. #58
    Khufu's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    West coast of Scotland
    Posts
    5,693
    Think I will pop up to Audi Glasgow or Ayr and see what the lights look like in the flesh, im getting tempted LOL
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

  20. #59
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    49
    cheers for ur help mikey

    yea the parts lad at audi just said no straight away i was going to question him but could not be bothered , had to get back to work ..



    A3 tdi sport 140bhp RR 158.88bhp 271 lbs torque yea !!!!!! and its not re-mapped yet

  21. #60
    brucer's Avatar
    Wow. I feel like I'm in Highlander!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    48
    Alright Gents,

    Sorry but i thought i would just jump in here & say that i fitted the new rear lights to my sprintblue S3 2 weeks ago thanks to another member on here giving me the all the info i needed. I wish that i could get some pics up of it but unfortunately im offshore just now. I have to admit though they do look alot better than the old ones & only took 5 minutes to fit.

  22. #61
    Khufu's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    West coast of Scotland
    Posts
    5,693
    Quote Originally Posted by brucer View Post
    Alright Gents,

    Sorry but i thought i would just jump in here & say that i fitted the new rear lights to my sprintblue S3 2 weeks ago thanks to another member on here giving me the all the info i needed. I wish that i could get some pics up of it but unfortunately im offshore just now. I have to admit though they do look alot better than the old ones & only took 5 minutes to fit.
    Its a shame for your car to be left all alone when your off shore, it can come visit me on the west coast if it gets lonely
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

  23. #62
    brucer's Avatar
    Wow. I feel like I'm in Highlander!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    48
    Ha ha, I'm sure it thanks you for the offer Ewan but it's tucked away in the garage for 3 weeks. It's a shame though because it's sitting there all nice & clean waiting for me, lol.

  24. #63
    Boydie
    Guest
    I will try get pics at a later stage - i cannot find my phone lead plus the car is boggin!!

  25. #64
    Staz's Avatar
    is a retronaut

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bristol (mostly)
    Posts
    6,168
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 LTN View Post
    You will be the first... get some pictures up for sure and i'm sure you won't be the last...
    I went to collect them yesterday but the dude had misunderstood and ordered the Euro spec ones. Got to go back tomorrow. Pics will be up ASAP. I'm still laptopless though.

    I'm also hopefully getting the wiring diagram for the CH/LH function as I'm itching to get my multimeter on the case.
    8P2 S3

    For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

  26. #65
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by staz1000 View Post

    I'm also hopefully getting the wiring diagram for the CH/LH function as I'm itching to get my multimeter on the case.

    Excuse my ignorance but what is the CH/LH function?

  27. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by davemk View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but what is the CH/LH function?
    Coming Home / Leaving Home. It's a system that swiches on the headlights when you lock and un-lock the central locking.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  28. #67
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    421
    Of course! Stupid me - I knew it was going to be something obvious. Thanks Dave.

  29. #68
    Staz's Avatar
    is a retronaut

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bristol (mostly)
    Posts
    6,168
    Ok so I'm not the first to fit them to my Sprint blue S3 but here are the pics (excuse the crappy Paint VRN plate cover up):

    8P2 S3

    For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

  30. #69
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,538
    Quote Originally Posted by staz1000 View Post
    Ok so I'm not the first to fit them to my Sprint blue S3 but here are the pics (excuse the crappy Paint VRN plate cover up):

    That photo reminds me of the 8L S3 for some reason - not sure why!

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO