Dynolicious

Markm49

Reaction score
If you have an iPhone or an iPod touch you may be interested in an application that just became available on the iTunes app store for those devices. It's called Dynolicious and basically uses the accelerometers in the devices to allow you to record and analyse the performance of your car.

The blurb reads:

Dynolicious is the first automotive performance meter available for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Dynolicious uses the hardware built-in to your iPhone to measure the performance characteristics of your vehicle. No external wires or equipment is necessary, simply slip the iPhone into a cradle or cupholder and go!

Some of the performance metrics Dynolicious can measure:

0-60 Acceleration
1/4 Mile Elapsed Time
Lateral G's
Horsepower
Unlike other accelerometer-based performance meters, Dynolicious uses the advanced data-handling and display capabilities of the iPhone to make the most of your performance testing. Dynolicious maintains a history of test runs, showing you averages and trends in your results. Dynolicious also allows you to enter modifications performed to your vehicle, and will instantly show before-and-after results to easily identify gains or losses.

Website is http://dynolicious.com/index.html

For the price of £7.50 if this works as described its sounds like a bargain.

I purchased this software this morning and have it on my iPod Touch - will give it a go this lunch time and let you know how I get on.

Mark

Hi

We have just tried it on one of our guys cars, Golf VR6.

Not bad- easy to use and set-up. At only £7.50 you can't go wrong really!

Power figures need to be taken with a pinch of salt (when aren't they!) as the figure is worked out through GPS but it read about 15bhp down on our dyno reading, 180bhp compared to 195bhp.

Cheers Shaun.

I recorded this on my GF's iPhone:

Dyno-1.jpg

Had the racelogic on the windshield too and there was less than a tenth of a second difference in the 0-100mph time and only 0.02 seconds differnence at 60mph, so I'm inclined to say the software is pretty good.

It estimated my HP at 340, dynoed at 335 recently.

Cheers for that! I was just wondering how best to time a 0-60 run. Pity it was off on the BHP... anybody else done tests on the BHP? Is it always roughly 15BHP out?