Flywheel

B

Boydie

My flywheel is driving me nuts - no pun intended lol

It is juddering like an epileptic when stationary and seems to have mood swings dependant on car angle ie facing up or down a hill and depending how warm or cold it is

sometimes it will be perfect pointing down a hill while pointing up it will shake about like the hokie pokie!

I have been to audi and asked if there were any outstanding recalls on my car since it was originally bought in the mainland and then ventured its way over to Co.Donegal in Ireland - but I was told that there were no recalls on it

In that case, is it just knackered?

Anyone remember jurrasic park when they are watching the cup of water and it vibrates to the footsteps of the rex? thats what mine is like all the time lol

If i require a flywheel replacement would you advise a clutch replacement also since it has to be taken out i think to access the flywheel?

If this is the case, I would maybe consider an organic clutch instead of another stock clutch - any recommendations?

thanks

could well be the dual mass fly wheel has gone. The seem fairly unreliable on a lot of different makes of vehicle. What sort of mileage is on the car? It usually makes sense to change everything when the gearbox is out as thats the bulk of the labour and you wouldnt want to strip it out again because, say, the release bearing starts howling a few months later.

i am pretty shure i have seen a sachs uprated clutch for the a3
will have a look when i get chance