Thoughts on the new S3 colour range?

PNH80

Low life livin' the high life.
Reaction score
Alright fellas:

I was just perusing the brochure for the S3 colour options and there are some nice new colours on offer.
Meteor Grey looks quite dull on the A5 but i recon it'd look quite mean on the S3. Deep sea blue pearl could look great with the chrome too... Still can't have Missano Red though which is a mystery to me.

So what are your thoughts? Any new colours you'd definitely pick? If you've ordered one what have you gone for? Would you stick with the old favourites (sprint, black, white)??

Cheers.

Paul.

I play safe with silver I think it suits the new shape & hides the fact that those wing mirrors are so huge as blends in more

yeah... must agree the new wing mirrors are horrendous... and I am also not impressed about the LEDs running lights... Rear light cluster is rather nice though.

Pedro

I'd go for the P/Black again, however the new 'Truck' mirrors and the minging new wheels would stand out to much.:puke2:

Think Audi have made a massive mistake with the new'n

I'll be buying an old shape one again me thinks, and the prices are looking very attractive now.

For me, on the 3 door I think it's White, sprint Blue, missano Red or Silver
On the sportback I think the deep sea blue would look really good, or the white though not sure if the sprint blue on the sportback maybe too much.....

Would still go for the sprint blue myself, if misano was available I would be very tempted though. Just seen a S3 sportback in the dealers in white, nice but not for me. Really do like the new front end though, not sure if it's worth changing just for that,my sensible side is saying wait 12 months. Mmmm not sure though.

Mark

I saw a TT in meteor grey yesterday.... Bit of a muddy dull colour, not impressed really.
I'm thinking Phantom or Sprint Blue are the leaders quickly followed by Ibis White. Think i'd be happy with any really. Although i would rather masturbate with a soldering iron then have a Solar (ASBO) Orange car.... Just my opinion, no offence if you've got one!!

The loan TTS i had was meteor grey... thought it suited it quite well...

Phantom or Sprint Blue are the leaders quickly followed by Ibis White.

Right colours, wrong order :)

Sprint makes your car faster and fit girls fancy you.
So has to be 1st choice.:icon_thumright:

My facelift S3 will be here in August ready for the new 58 plate and its Deep Sea Blue

My fav colour

How did it fair against the S3 in speed and handling?

p

Didnt feel as though there was any great difference so didnt push my buttons as Id expected it too. Id have thought it had more urgency about it but it simply didnt.

Didnt feel as though there was any great difference so didnt push my buttons as Id expected it too. Id have thought it had more urgency about it but it simply didnt.

I totally agree. I cant emphasis enough how underwhelmed i was after taking it out on a test drive!!

Having said this it had an S-Tronic gear box which i would never have in a car. Maybe if it was a manual it would have been a different story.

I totally agree. I cant emphasis enough how underwhelmed i was after taking it out on a test drive!!

Having said this it had an S-Tronic gear box which i would never have in a car. Maybe if it was a manual it would have been a different story.

Doubt it.. mine was a manual. :shrug:

urm, again... I didnt think so... was on the A38 going thru the underpass, dropped it and thought.... 'is that it?'

Here is what the meteor grey will look like... I love it!
2334581376_58159e51bc_b.jpg

Think Audi have made a massive mistake with the new'n

I'll be buying an old shape one again me thinks, and the prices are looking very attractive now.

Everyone thought that when the current (phase 2) came out, its only cause its different and soon people will get used to it...