FORGE Intake (CAI) - Full Write Up: Buying/Fitting/Results

They make the shield in various sizes, which one did you get? Was it the one in the link you posted or another size?

This size is a X-1033. Got it from DPM Performance (ordered Wednesday morning came Thursday). £20.

be interesting to see if the bag has any effect on performance, surely it can't breathe as easily with it on. :think:

Supposedly 100% breathable - you can certainly blow on it and feel your breath on the other side as if it wasn't there. Sort of like Gore-Tex I suppose - the holes will be small enough for air but not for water. Not fitted it yet (tomorrow) so can't say for sure. Would expect the real-world impact on performance to be un-noticeable though.

Hi GUYs a quick one ... i bought the evoms induction kit but it didnt have the pipe on negative side on the MAF for the reserk pipe so i left off.... spoke to forge as i have the forge bov spacer and uprated reserk valve and they say it blows off enough cap off the pipe...

i have been running now for 1 month and have no probs..! flat out im reaching 180mph o-60, 5.4sec... (obviously i have other mods..!)

still not sure i should have capped that pipe though? what you think..!

Hi GUYs a quick one ... i bought the evoms induction kit but it didnt have the pipe on negative side on the MAF for the reserk pipe so i left off.... spoke to forge as i have the forge bov spacer and uprated reserk valve and they say it blows off enough cap off the pipe...

i have been running now for 1 month and have no probs..! flat out im reaching 180mph o-60, 5.4sec... (obviously i have other mods..!)

still not sure i should have capped that pipe though? what you think..!

I looked at the EVOMS pipe but was advised not to fit it because it is designed for the GTi/Leon engines which do not have the diverter pipe to the remote DV. EVOMS are working on an S3 specific model currently but the existing one should not be fitted. Send a PM to jonnyc - he has a developed EVOMS kit on his S3 but part of the necessary development was the extra pipe ..... you might be doing some damage there mate.

This size is a X-1033. Got it from DPM Performance (ordered Wednesday morning came Thursday). £20.

Fitted it today Sakkie - fits like a glove (or like a jonny bag actually !)

I can't find any of intakes on ebay(for S3 2.0), am I typing wrong?

And on forge site there is no FMIND02S3 kit, does anybody know why? I would like to buy it...

Nice write up mate :thumbsup:

So weve established a goat can carry out the works, but what about a complete donkey? :jester:

I can't find any of intakes on ebay(for S3 2.0), am I typing wrong?

And on forge site there is no FMIND02S3 kit, does anybody know why? I would like to buy it...

The Forge site does only have the FMIND02 kit - I also found that weird. If you ring them they will include the extra pipe you will need for the S3. No idea why it isn't on the website. I would also try Damian at DPM - he'll give you a discount if you can't find one on eBay.

Nice write up mate :thumbsup:

So weve established a goat can carry out the works, but what about a complete donkey? :jester:

Are you saying your knob is bigger than mine ? :)
Trust me a complete donkey could do it as well - I can't even re-wire a plug.

@ Iggu : is there much of a power difference with the INJEN Hydroshield fitted as compared to without it ?

@ Iggu : is there much of a power difference with the INJEN Hydroshield fitted as compared to without it ?

Haven't noticed a thing mate - the INJEN is seriously thin material. The power gains from a CAI are modest anyway (noticeable but nothing like a remap for eg) so anything lost from this already modest gain as a result of the INJEN is going to be undetectable (unless you're Michael Schumaker I suppose). I'd get one without hesitation - piece of mind !

Haven't noticed a thing mate - the INJEN is seriously thin material. The power gains from a CAI are modest anyway (noticeable but nothing like a remap for eg) so anything lost from this already modest gain as a result of the INJEN is going to be undetectable (unless you're Michael Schumaker I suppose). I'd get one without hesitation - piece of mind !

thanks mate :)

We've now started doing the Hydro Shield if anyone is still after one?

Damian @ DPM

how much for the forge intake and a hydro shield all in delivered with audi sport discount?:undwech:

Paul.

im sensing a group buy...... ill be in if the price is right :yum:

Tomorrow I'll be posting proof that a Forge CAI is good for 8bhp gain at least. Its an awesome piece of kit and can be fitted yourself ina couple of hours. Do NOT hesitate.

Tomorrow I'll be posting proof that a Forge CAI is good for 8bhp gain at least. Its an awesome piece of kit and can be fitted yourself ina couple of hours. Do NOT hesitate.

How loud is it tho iggu with the remap and standard exhaust? i dont want to sound too boy racerish when im just pootling around town, but i would like a bit more noise when im thrashing it, i know its hard to describe.

How loud is it tho iggu with the remap and standard exhaust? i dont want to sound too boy racerish when im just pootling around town, but i would like a bit more noise when im thrashing it, i know its hard to describe.

Its not loud with standard exhaust I promise you. On a cold day you can hear it more (imagine what a mini-tornado would sound like inside a hollow Coke can) but otherwise iss very subtle. With the Milltek on though - it sounds like a storm.

Is there only 3 of us interested in a group buy then? i dont think we'll manage to wangle anymore discount at that number.

Is the Forge intake still available? I dont see it on their website and a US dealer recently told me that they've temporarily stopped production for a design change. Anyone know what thats about?

Wish I could get a CAI now down here in South Africa. Forge dealer is short on stock and waiting times are heavy and EVOMS dealer has no idea when the EVOMS S3 kit will be available.

Is the Forge intake still available? I dont see it on their website and a US dealer recently told me that they've temporarily stopped production for a design change. Anyone know what thats about?

Wish I could get a CAI now down here in South Africa. Forge dealer is short on stock and waiting times are heavy and EVOMS dealer has no idea when the EVOMS S3 kit will be available.
\

I spoke to Forge Motorsport UK ( actually been speaking to them every week for the last 3 weeks). They are changing the design from a 1 piece to a 2 piece. They are waiting to get an S3 in to test the product for at least 2 weeks. So if all goes to plan, FRC should have it here in a months time at best. I am not holding my breathe though.

\

I spoke to Forge Motorsport UK ( actually been speaking to them every week for the last 3 weeks). They are changing the design from a 1 piece to a 2 piece. They are waiting to get an S3 in to test the product for at least 2 weeks. So if all goes to plan, FRC should have it here in a months time at best. I am not holding my breathe though.

Thanks ved!
But why the need to change the design to a 2-piece?
Cool.. guess I'll just have to wait some more

\

Hi guys hopefully the wait wont be long as they are going to test the kit on my S3, its booked in for the coming tuesday as i dont want to be waiting to long as i want to go on the RR day with more then just a remap im having them fit the intake and DV so will keep you guys posted....:thumbsup:

Interesting, so those who order with FRC will get the new one now or is there still a shipment of "old" ones on the way?

As per Scorpius, what's with the two piece setup? Is it just to make installation a little easier or will the 2nd piece just act as an extender to where the current one sits?

Nope all new orders will be the new one. Preggie does not have the old one in transit. There was delay at Forge for a while hence he could not deliver.
The reason for the 2 piece is the ease of fitment as per the Forge rep i spoke to. He said a few customers also had an issue with the one side rubbing against the battery mould. No real issue but rather an improvement.

Thanks for testing it S3 SAF :) :)
I can't wait to get mine :)

no worries....:thumbsup: the only problem is its going to take upto 4 hours? so they have offered to drop me to the town to pass time.....hhmmmm what can i do for 4 hours:uhm: I know :idea: take a friend and watch Guy ritchies new film....BINGO!

SAF i take it that means your not in for a group buy then? if thats the case i'll just have to do with the standard 5% discount.:3sadwalk:

anyhow let us know how you get on and get some pics and vids up asap.:thumbsup:

Hmmmm...was wondering why i hadnt heard from Preggie...he ordered my intake a month ago...thought it should have been here by now...hopefully not too long to wait though coz im itching formore powa!! :rockwoot:

Geez, so all of us in sunny South Africa will all be running software and CAI. To the poor oke it the stock 135i/335i........ he's going to wonder WTF if he tries racing us :):)

Iggu : sorry for the hi-jack :)