Its Here!!!

spencerjoel

Reaction score
Hi all,
The day has arrived and my new Facelift Sline 3 door is here. 1 month before due date!!
I must say I was a little worried after seeing the front end of some of the pics on here of 3 door facelift SLines, but I really like it in the flesh.

Ill get some pics posted ASAP.

Congrats.

Will be nice to see pics (inside and out). Unless I'm mistaken, I think you'll be the first to post facelift pics here (excluding the Cabrio, which had a head start).

I'm looking forward to seeing Monza silver. Did you gamble on that colour?

yeah it was a complete gamble!!
I liked the idea that it was only available on the S Line, and was tired of looking after a dark car to gave it a go.
To be honest it looks a lot like the silver/blue colour from about 12 months ago (cant remember the name of it), but it looks pretty good and seems to be quite serviceable too.

Ill get some pics up this afternoon

I was just going to say is Monza the replacement for Akoya Silver? Never seen it myself so looking forward to the pics mate.
Congrats on the new motor.

Paul.

Yes Akoya Silver - thats the one, pretty much the same I reckon.
here are some pics anyway

I hope they work!!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

damn, never worked!!
Any idea how I can post them?, they are on some webspace but they are not displaying (as you can see)

here you go. for future ref, click the
insertimage.gif
icon in the post window and copy/paste the image address into the box

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

cheers mate,
Thats exactly what I did, but it didnt seem to want to work for me, I may not have the correct privileges on my user account? nevermind, theyr'e up now.

Yes, I do quite like it, also it seems a LOT quieter than my last one, considering its the same engine, it really does sound very petrol-like.

Initial thoughts are that I love the exterior changes, and the driving position etc but still not too keen on the hazard light are, I much preferred the old one.

I really miss having the RNS-e so that has gotta be my first mod along with bluetooth and SDS etc

cheers mate,
Thats exactly what I did, but it didnt seem to want to work for me, I may not have the correct privileges on my user account? nevermind, theyr'e up now.

just paste this bit
Code:
[URL]http://www.univibeaudio.co.uk/newcarpics/1.jpg[/URL]

i like the new agressive chin that seems to be spreading across the audi range. did you not spec the RNS etc due to it being cheaper to retrofit? or just for initial outlay? (just curious :salute:)

Very nice.

BTW, in the second pic I can read your full number plate, so you may want to get that edited.

because of the difference in cost. I got my last one for £470 and it was awesome, I just wish I was able to recover it from my last car.
Factory fitted its about £1200 i think, and its literally a 5 minute job to retro fit

Yeah the chin does look nice and aggressive, the back bumper looks good also, Ill get a pic of that up soon

cheers for that, Ive edited the second pic now.

Im sure its ok to have it on show, but better safe than sorry i suppose!

hi all, first post after a month's lurking since I placed my order. These are the first facelift pics by an owner I've seen, and I'm suitably wow'd! Was sorely tempted by the monza silver though eventually bottled it for the lava grey safe option, but it looks fabulous here. DRLs look really good imho, following the bonnet and grille lines, accentuating both and adding a touch of menace. I've been mildly obsessive about finding good pics of the facelift as I've never ordered a car without first seeing it in the flesh, and I must say these have set my heart at ease. My 170 S-Tronic can't come soon enough...

Congratulations!

I have to say that is the nicest A3 I have seen in some time. Lovely colour and that's the first time the face lift has impressed me. Beautiful choice. Fanny magnet.

I agree - it looks much nicer in the flesh than in the earlier photos.

Looks like they've revised the PTT button on the steering wheel too - and they've changed the stitching from red to white.

Cheers guys, glad you like it!
Riverman, my last one was Lava Grey and it is a great colour, when clean it looks absolutely stunning, i just did not have time to keep it as clean as it needed to be!
When is your 170 due?

also it seems a LOT quieter than my last one, considering its the same engine, it really does sound very petrol-like.

but it's not the same engine is it? The facelift 140/170s have new common rail diesels, unless I'm mistaken...

Also - no S-Line badging? Not that it needs it...

Edit: Sportback 170 Sline S-Tronic due late September, but I've rung and changed the spec so often they've probably pushed it back out of spite.

The white stitching (Silver actually) is an option.
But I dont know whether the stitching on the wheel is still red when the silver stitching is not specced for the rest of the interior

Yeah, I was disappointed about the lack of SLine badge on the grill. I quite liked that on my old one. Nevermind.

I thought only the 170 was common rail? As this was a replacement organised by my insurance company I had no choice on the engine so didn't really take much notice. Ill have to have a good look through the paperwork and check it out

i'm pretty sure both 2.0 TDIs are common rail, it's the 1.9 that isn't. Glad to hear it sounds so sweet.

That would explain the difference then.
Yes it really is nice, Soooo much smoother,

I also used to think that the clutch on my last one was a bit funny, the missus used to stall it all the time! but it seems much better on this one.
I dont know whether it is different or whether my last one was a bit of a dud!!

Edit: P.S Ive just checked and they are both common rail you are 100% correct!!

Yes there is one on the wheel the same as the pre facelift, its just out of shot.

As promised here are a few pics of the rear

11.jpg

12.jpg

The white DIS look hot! Also notice the cluster seems to be a bit more of a bubble shape, so I doubt one will be able to fit it in the pre-facelist models...

hmmm, time to do a white LED upgrade :d

That looks really good. I'm thinking it could be enough to persuade me into ordering, in SB form though. The colour is one that I was considering. Either Monza silver, Condor grey (not too sure about that one though) or Meteor grey. I'd almost decided on Meteor but after seeing yours.............

yeah, in the photo the ka looks real close, its not that bad though, its the missus's courtesy car!! she was well ****** off when she found out she had to drive around in it and even more ****** off now the new one is here!!

Its not being used for a few days so I know for a fact nobody is gonna be getting in/out of it, otherwise it wouldn't be allowed on the drive!!

Magnus911, it wasnt 16 weeks mate, I ordered it 9th June and it was delivered 29th July, I think that is pretty quick. My last one took 5 months!

You're lucky with the delivery time - they're quoting 2009 for new orders so I'm led to believe!