Software upgrade?

c8hau

Reaction score
I have dropped the A3 off this morning for that squeaky armrest and they said that there is a recall at the moment that involves a software upgrade, will this affect my bluefin?? Bit worried to be honest!

Oh got a Audi A5 3.0TDI as a courtesy car! Big pimpin! :laugh:
IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

I'm sure someone has had this before but I can't find it on search.

Do a search on my posts, i found out what the software update was for, also it will wipe your blufin data off so you will need to load it up again on your car although i think you need to connect the blufin up to the internet so that superchips can realign it to your ECU now its been updated.

did they tell you what software was needing upgraded?

They were a bit ropey when I asked to be honest. I guess it needs doing though as it will mess the warranty up otherwise.

Robin, cheers mate, will get in touch with the bluefin people and see what they say.

Most service people at the dealers don't know what the update is for, the manufacturer releases the software and thats it really, most people at dealerships don't really know much 'indepth' stuff.

Little update,

So got the car back yesterday, the car feels totally different. Low down feels alot quicker to be honest. I think the Bluefin has gone.

Anyway I got home and plugged the bluefin in, it said for a brief second "Bluefin installed" then it started to save the Original settings which took a while. Once that finished it said please install CD rom. I did this but it still said the same on the handset when I went to plug the thing back in.

Been in touch with Superchips who said I needed to install the latest software from there website and then send them the new Audi map.

I will be doing this tonight.

GTI Jazz Blue- Get one! I think its quite a big car but once you are driving it it feels a lot smaller, the 3.0TDI was a pleasure to drive too, needed a remap though! I would love one, maybe in a few years time :thumbsup:

A5 looks the business!

My car is going in for a service next week. It is a (non turbo) 2.0FSI. I wonder if it is also going to get a software update? I have VAG-COM. Can I use that to check if an update has been done? I'm sure there is a firmware version number or flash date somewhere.