does anyone pay for repair for punctured tyres?

audi_driver

S LINE
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why I dont need to pay for a repair for a punctured tyre and sometimes i do? this is at my local garage national tyres and autocare. Just curious

why wouldnt you pay? With modern low profile tyres and exotic rims it can take 15-20 mins to find & repair a puncture without wrecking the rim. I can only imagine the place does a deal that f you buy a tyre from them they will repair any punctures for the life of the tyre?

or, human error - they forgot to charge you?

Some Contract Hire companies will use unfair wear & tear as reasons for charge or non charge

i had a puncture earlier in my back tyres only two weeks old...cost me £6 and took like 20minutes for them to sort it out and for me to be back on the road
Ashley

its just how audia3qs said some you have to pay some you dont first time today i had to pay was £6 other times its just been free

Had a tyre replaced a couple of months back and got free puncture repair for the life of the tyre.

From Audi too which was nice.

Ive always took my tyres there to get repaired and this was the second time they told me to just take the car away, not complaining though!:yahoo: took them half hour too !

I go to a national tyre centre by me, had 3 repairs done now for free and all they say is leave a drink for the lads or make sure you use us when you need a new tyre etc etc, real good service too never more than 30 mins max!

ive never paid for a puncture repair, helps that I work next door to a tyre fitters and have a bit of banter with the lads.