S3 turbo lag.... Really?

Lag time is better on the KO4? What exactly are you talking about?

There is less lag with the K04 compared to the K03 because of the K04's twin scroll design..

i agree i think turbo lag adds character and fun to an engine, much prefer this than a larger engine chewing loads of fuel at ALL times. Nothing better than hearing that whistle build up and whoosh your off - even in a diesel its fun! S3 must be so much better - something i will know about on weds as im having a test drive in one!

i agree i think turbo lag adds character and fun to an engine, much prefer this than a larger engine chewing loads of fuel at ALL times. Nothing better than hearing that whistle build up and whoosh your off - even in a diesel its fun! S3 must be so much better - something i will know about on weds as im having a test drive in one!

Completely agree. I looked at a few cars before settling on an s3. My first test drive was in a 350z and that left me underwhelmed. I soon realised how much more fun turbo'd engines were. Coming from a mkv gti I loved flooring it at 1500rpm and riding the smooth wave of torque that would kick in after a few seconds.

All depends on what floats your boat. A mate of mine is always raving about smooth revving naturally aspirated engines. I'd take a turbo every time.

I have really got my sights set on getting an S3 but i have just read an article by Clarkson stating it has massive turbo lag, is this the case? In all my time reading this forum i have never seen anyone mention anything about massive turbo lag, at what rpm does it really start to kick in? Please put my mind at ease and tell me it isnt true!
Mine does it aswel but I think checking the pipes to make sure there's no leaks